Chapter 23 - Two Rabbits, Black and White

Eating his third out of eight tanghulu's, Jin Ling walked ahead. By his side were the two GusuLan disciples, who were donned in white robes and forehead ribbons.

Behind the group of juniors were the three couples.

"Where should we go next?" Wei Wuxian asked himself.

Lan Zhan stopped in front of a shop. "Wei Ying." His voice contained a hint of excitement, which could barely be recognized by anyone other than his lover.

Hearing that, Wei Wuxian stopped. He blinked, then turned to look at the shop which his lover stopped at. Then, black lines ran across Wei Wuxian's face. The shop was a shop that sold wine. White wine, red wine, rose wine, sparkling wine... etc. Wei Wuxian knew that back then, he himself was addicted to drinking Emperor's Smile, one of the best drinks in GusuLan.

However, he didn't think that Lan Zhan would take the time to mess around!

"Ehh?" Shen Qingqiu stopped to take a look as well. "I had no idea HanGuang-Jun was a drinker."

Lan Zhan pursed his lips. "Mn."

Meanwhile, Wei Wuxian was astonished. He couldn't hide the shock written across his face. By his side, Wen Ning noticed the unease expression.

"Wei-gongzi," Wen Ning spoke, "Is HanGuang-Jun right in the mind?"

Wei Wuxian fell silent.

Abruptly, the dark lines across his face had cleared. He smiled like a blooming sunflower. "Aww! Look at that! Lan Er Gege wants to drink and have a feast! Tonight, he will be a beast-"

Luo Binghe interrupted him, "On what basis do you think you're going to drink tonight?"

"Umm..." Wei Wuxian nudged him. "Luo-xiong, we're going to buy alcohol. See? This shop is a wine shop, and we're going to be wasted tonight."

"...by 'we', do you mean all of us?" Finally, Hua Cheng caught up.

"Ah, really?" Xie Lian was nervous. "But... I don't drink..."

"...Then tea for Xie-xiong!" Wei Wuxian blurted.

The three juniors were puzzled at the seniors' conversation. Lan Jingyi questioned, "Why are you guys having a feast tonight?"

"A feast!" Wei Wuxian piped up. "What a great idea!"

Lan Jingyi, "...I didn't mean it that way."

Seeing how the conversation had gone haywire, Lan Sizhui decided to pacify the situation. "Enough, Jingyi. It's a feast for Senior Wei and his friends. We play no part of it."

"Mhm! Exactly!" Wei Wuxian nodded confidently. "This isn't a place where children should belong."

Jingyi and Jin Ling, "..." They really wanted to smack that grin off of his face!

"Don't be angry." Lan Sizhui tried to calm his companions down. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to work. Instead, Lan Jingyi and Jin Ling were more fired up than ever. They rolled up their sleeves and quickly finished all their tanghulu's (yes, Jin Ling ate the five remaining).

Lan Jingyi huffed. "We're not children!"

Jin Ling, "Wei Wuxian! You should take a look at yourself before... saying such things..." His words trailed off as he noticed a threatening aura in the direction of a young man in white.

The aura gave off murderous intent.

It was so sharp and piercing that Jin Ling took a step back.

The origin of the murderous intent- Lan Zhan coldly glared at the two junior disciples. His eyebrows were sharp like sword, curving downwards. His hazel eyes glowered, as cold as frost. Lan Zhan pursed his lips, which paled in comparison to his sword, Bichen. Finally, the said man flickered his eyes, enough to dethrone the kings of ice.