Chapter 52 - The Strongest Sword

A book dropped from the highest shelf.

Multiple gasps had piqued in the library, where many scriptures and scrolls had been stored as artifacts of the ancient times. Dust and cobwebs had already grown up to the ceiling of the library, but the falling book merely descended past them all.

A servant girl was merely trying to place a book back on its shelf.

She had climbed the ladder (to twenty metres high), trying to shelf her book away. Instead, she lost her balance. "AHH!"

The ladder tilted backwards, and she tripped on the hem of her robes. Then, her book slipped out from her fingers. Thus, the servants in the library had been greeted with the scene of a girl falling twenty metres away from the ground.

They thought, The poor girl can't be saved.

However, the sound of a few running steps had pitter-pattered on the floor. Then, a wealthy robe of a crestfallen blue colour had flashed before every servant's eyes. A figure had jumped high up into the air, with the falling servant collapsing into their arms.

The figure belonged to an elegant woman. Her face was bewitchingly beautiful, with skin as smooth as porcelain glass. The blue robes swished in the currents of the wind, revealing the black-coloured pants that the woman wore underneath.

The elegant woman's hair wavered in midair, as if it were strands of wheat being spun into gold.

"Hah!" The servant girl in the woman's bosom had let out a gasp.

In the end, they both landed peacefully on the ground. To prevent any more harm, the elegant woman had caught the fallen book as well. Her slender fingers tapped on the book's cover, as if pondering what punishment to deliver to it.

It took a while for the servant girl to recover.

She clasped her hands, "Greetings to the Civil Goddess, Ling Wen Zhenjun!" The servant girl's eyes were still shaking, "It is all thanks to Ling Wen Zhenjun that this lowly one is still in one piece. I cannot thank Ling Wen Zhenjun enough!"

The elegant woman, Ling Wen had batted her eyes at the grace.

She merely scolded, "Look around you, girl." Books were littered all over the ground. It was as if a tsunami of books had attacked the library. "This place is still a mess. I didn't save you without a reason." Ling Wen closed then opened her eyes, revealing a gentle hue of melancholic blue.

The servant opened her mouth, but was interrupted. "Since you still have time for idle chitchat, would you mind placing all of the littered books back on their shelf?"

A faint blush had fluttered on the servant girl's cheeks.

Ling Wen sighed. "And try not to fall next time." She walked away, with her hips swaying to the wavelength of her mood.

As she bypassed several unorganized bookshelves, the elegant woman stopped in her tracks. It was as if Ling Wen could feel a presence lurking around. Her eyebrows furrowed, then smoothened out. The dark eye bags underneath her eyes were overshadowed by her impeding aura.

Nobody would dare to look her in the eye, especially when she acts so aloof and noble.

Then, Ling Wen poured some spiritual energy into the book she held. With a lift of her sleeves, the book levitated out from her arms.

Easily, the book shelved itself on the highest bookshelf.

The remaining servant girls continued to work.

All of a sudden, the doors to the library/Ling Wen's Palace had slammed open. In came a group of six people, all wearing their own palette of coloured robes.