Chapter 30 - She is a Barbarian of All

The rain continued to fall.

Slaughter surfaced in Yunmeng Jiang, with fierce corpses attacking citizens from nowhere. Soon enough, the city was surrounded by bloodshed and cruelty. A mist of crimson red blood had formed. A foul scent of metallic blood had permeated, dancing underneath victims' noses.

As blood splattered, droplets of rain tried to cleanse the streets. However, it was to no avail.

"What is all the ruckus going on about?" The tanghulu shopkeeper got out from his home. When he was inside the house, he overheard the sound of screaming.

Thinking that someone needed help, he crept out of his house—only to find the scene of corpses and bodies littered all over the streets.

Panic engulfed his senses, but the tanghulu shopkeeper swallowed his urge to scream.

"Why are you standing outside?" His wife, who was still trying to ignore him, had peeped a head out of the doorway. Originally, her brows were furrowed from annoyance. Once she saw the scene outside, disbelief then disgust formed across her face.

She turned around and immediately vomited. The wife didn't eat much, so all she spat out were a bunch of acidic contents.

"W-What is this?" The wife was scared. However, her instincts told her to run back home and protect their son. "Su Nan!" She ran back inside the small wooden cabin, embracing the young boy, who was still covered in his coat. "We have to get out of here!"

The tanghulu shopkeeper entered back inside the house. "Understood. We must pack up and get out of Yunmeng Jiang."

For once, the two parents could finally find something to agree on.

Suddenly, out from the corner of his eyes, the tanghulu shopkeeper spotted something wrong. His son, Su Nan, had finally taken off his hood. Su Nan uncovered his head, which astonishingly enough, had his skin rotting into a dark colour!

The tanghulu shopkeeper was shocked into silence.

For some reason, his son looked really similar to a... corpse.

The tanghulu shopkeeper saw how Su Nan moved. The son completely took off his cloak, revealing a pair of sharp claws on his hands. Su Nan reached out to his mother, who was still naively hugging him in her embrace-

"WATCH OUT!" The tanghulu shopkeeper hurriedly separated his wife from Su Nan, regardless of the several emotions running through his mind.

Thankfully, Su Nan didn't get to lay a finger on his wife.

"What are you doing?" The wife was confused. She was suddenly pushed onto the floor, and her son was peeled away from her arms-

Suddenly, her eyes widened.

A droplet of lukewarm blood had splattered across her cheek. Su Nan, the child fierce corpse had his one arm penetrated through the tanghulu shopkeeper's abdomen, with his claws sticking out from the other side. Despite being at a young age, Su Nan had gained abnormal strength when becoming a fierce corpse!

"Y-YOU..." The wife's jaw jumped up and down. Her heart pumped erratically.

Then, her husband collapsed onto the ground. A puddle of blood flowed out from his severely wounded abdomen. The tanghulu shopkeeper's complexion had lost colour.

"DEAR!" The wife couldn't stop herself from crying.

She crouched to the ground, clutching at her husband's calloused hand, pulling on it like it was the only straw that kept her sanity together. Tears welled up in her eyes, and a broken sob escaped from her hoarse throat. "AHHHH!!!"