Chapter 58 - Exit the Gates of the Ghost Nation

A smile fell onto Wei Wuxian's lips.

He turned around, meeting a ghost soldier's sword right to the face—

The sword was knocked out of the ghost soldier's grip. Wei Wuxian simply tugged on the ghost soldier, dislocating its shoulder in one swift motion. The sound of bones cracking underneath his grip became prominent, as the ghost soldier howled in fear at the noise.

"Now!" Wei Wuxian shouted.

Climbing on top of the roofs, five familiar figures revealed themselves. Xie Lian hugged his bamboo hat, afraid of it drifting away. Hua Cheng wrapped an arm around his waist. Shen Qingqiu fanned himself elegantly. Beside him was Luo Binghe, who clutched on his sleeve tightly. Lan Zhan had long unsheathed his sword, Bichen, which let out a solemn yet cold glare.

The five cultivators went to their designated jobs—I meant, battles.

Lan Zhan wore a cold expression, as he looked at his opponents. Twenty ghost soldiers charged at him, unaware of what was about to befall upon them.

Lan Zhan took upon his stance. He breathed, with his chest rising, then falling back down.

His inner body seemed to calm down, with his abdomen filled of a growing cold. It felt like icicles began to take root in his stomach, replenishing him of constant spiritual energy.

The corner of Lan Zhan's eye twitched.

In an instant, the twenty ghost soldiers vanished into ashes. Lan Zhan took a deep breath, sheathing his sword, and hiding away the glacial-like cold dancing on his blade.

He turned to look at the remaining couples; Xie Lian, Hua Cheng, Shen Qingqiu and Luo Binghe.

They had teamed up into pairs, and eliminated all the ghost soldiers briefly.

"Let's go." Wei Wuxian nodded at them.

They nodded back.

Yi Ran watched how everything played out. She was in awe, these six cultivators are too strong! No wonder they're able to beat us during every mission...

She quickly snapped out of her stupor. Now isn't the time to be worshipping them! We're still enemies... just under a temporary truce...

"You coming or not?" Wei Wuxian looked at her.

Yi Ran's rambling stopped midway. She stiffened. In one hand, she carried Nu Wang. In the other hand, she carried Bo Fan. The Strongest Sword was in Nu Wang's arms.

She looked at Wei Wuxian, then nodded. "Mn."

The three couples (plus the three cannon fodders) draped a hood over their heads. They continued navigating, trying to keep themselves out of hind sight. Instead of jumping across roofs after roofs, they blended in with the crowd of civilian ghosts.

Shadows covered their figures.

Little by little, they managed to inch closer to the exit gates...

"Hold it!" There were two ghost soldiers guarding the gates. They both had cloaks draped over their heads, but one could certainly sense the animosity behind their body language. Behind these two ghost soldiers were a group of ghost soldiers; at least five of them?

All of these ghost soldiers had their faces covered.

One of them unsheathed their sword, pointing at the three couples, "Wait!"

The three couples flinched. Shen Qingqiu bit his lip. Anxiety seemed to pressure at his shoulder... but then, he realized it was just someone's hand! Xie Lian patted him, "Don't be nervous. We're safe."