Chapter 66 - Mantis Stalks the Cicada, Unaware of...

A bird flew past the clouds.

Then, it was shot straight in the neck by an arrow—

"Damn! I missed!" There was the sound of a Qinghe Nie disciple cursing, as he quickly withdrew his bow, then added another arrow on his string.

The sound of more arrows flying, and the sound of ghosts' cries and anguishes.

"ESCAPE!" In the end, there were only fifty ghost soldiers left. They saw that they couldn't stand a chance, and instead, chose to flee. "DON'T LET THEM ESCAPE!" A Qinghe Nie disciple cried. He had personally witnessed his own friend die at the ghost soldiers' hands. He needed to get his revenge.

All of a sudden, a flash of red had passed him.

Luo Binghe unsheathed his sword, then swung it like a mad-lad. It only took one second, and nobody could follow his movements. He sheathed his sword—with ten ghost soldiers falling to the ground right afterwards, dissipating into ashes.

His red demonic mark glowed strongly, as he wiped the blood off of his lips. "Get the rest of them. Don't leave a single behind."

The remaining forty ghost soldiers began to escape.

However, they were all suddenly slammed onto the ground. A humongous force rendered them immobile, with the silver butterflies glowing even brighter. Hua Cheng stared at them, bored.

One by one, the ghost soldiers had dissipated into ashes.

There were only five remaining.

One of the ghost soldiers had clawed at the ground, as if trying to dig himself into the earth. "IDIOTS! OUR TRUE TARGET WAS NEVER QINGHE NIE!"

Hua Cheng lowered his eyes. The pressure increased. However, that ghost soldier did not stop. Mania was written across his face, as he screamed, "JUST WATCH! THE FOUR GREAT CLANS WILL BE OVERTAKEN BY GHOST NATION! STARTING FROM—"

A smile fell on his chaste lips, "Lanling Jin."

*****

Only 1,000 ghost soldiers marched in front of Lanling Jin's gate entrance.

In their hands were sharp spears, gleaming with the intent to kill. They stopped, with their eyes flickering to look at the gate.

"Let's go." The ghost soldiers nodded.

They marched forwards, with the crowd of citizens parting ways. The citizens looked at the ghost soldiers weirdly, and didn't understand what these group of... maniacs were doing.

All of a sudden, a ghost soldier bumped into something—

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" That ghost soldier scowled. It was then, he paused. The person who he bumped into wore a black robe, with the hood draped over his head. Nobody could tell what the man's figure was beneath that robe.

The black-robed man lifted his head, revealing only his chin. "Oh."

His voice was deep and baritone-like.

The ghost soldier sneered. "Stay further away if you don't want to get hurt!" He turned away, then continued to go towards the gate.

Instead, he felt something clamp onto his shoulder—

The ghost soldier turned around and scowled, "WHAT IS YOUR GODDAMN DEAL!?!"