Chapter 21 - Babysitting One... No, Three

Wei Wuxian and Lan Zhan jumped down from their high spot.

They landed on the dirt-filled ground with a gentle thud, and the wind breezed past their robes, like a cunning fox stuffing its nose past berries and treats. "What'd Jin Ling do to you? I thought you guys were in a good relationship." Wei Wuxian blubbered.

Luo Binghe had dark lines running across his face. "How is that possible!?!"

By his side, Shen Qingqiu held onto his shoulder sternly, as if afraid his lover would run wild.

"I don't know what got into this uncle's mind, but I didn't do anything." Jin Ling huffed. His hands rested by his side, carrying 'his' golden sword, Suihua.

Luo Binghe was about to lash out at him. Then, he was knocked on the head with a fan.

Shen Qingqiu disregarded his lover's pleading look, and smacked him on the head again with the fan. Soon enough, a red bruised mark began to reveal itself on Luo Binghe's forehead. The red mark was almost as red as his demonic mark.

"I wonder what my Uncle has to say about this." Jin Ling sneered.

Luo Binghe sneered back. "What? It's not like I bullied you or anything."

"Hah?" Jin Ling snorted. "I'll tell him anything, and he'll come at you and break your legs."

"...then feed him to the dogs?" By his side, Wei Wuxian teased.

"Yes!" Jin Ling's eyes brightened. "Then feed you to the dogs!"

Luo Binghe, "..." He can understand why the brat was so messed up. It turned out it was the parent's fault.

He turned away from Jin Ling, then looked over at the fierce corpse slumped down at the tree trunk. "Hmm... why is there a fierce corpse out here?"

Wei Wuxian pursed his lips. "It doesn't sound like anything good."

"Wei-xiong," Xie Lian asked hastily. "Is the fierce corpse controlled by someone?"

Wei Wuxian's expression was ugly. He frowned, "Based on my understanding, it seems like someone is trying to infiltrate into Yunmeng Jiang. Corpses can be controlled by resentful energy. Someone must've brought this fierce corpse in these woods for a purpose. I'm more prone to believe that the mastermind is trying to get information on this Sect. Otherwise, why else would they do something like this?"

The remaining cultivators fell silent.

If there was a bad guy out there that is trying to destroy Yunmeng Jiang again, like back then in the Sunshot Campaign... then what will possibly happen?

"We should report this to Sect Leader Jiang." Shen Qingqiu added.

Wei Wuxian nodded. When he was serious, he appeared more solemn and scary.

The remaining of the three couples weren't used to this. Xie Lian could feel the tension permeating in the air, so he shuffled around nervously. It was really weird to see Wei Wuxian unsmiling. Hua Cheng enveloped his lover by the shoulders, transferring warmth unconditionally.

Shen Qingqiu's eyes thinned. He hid the lower half of his face behind the fan.

Meanwhile, Luo Binghe set his chin down on his Shizun's shoulder. "Hmm... then what is going on?"

Wei Wuxian finished examining the fierce corpse. He didn't recognize the identity of the corpse. It was a middle-aged man, who had a hunched back.

Standing up from before the corpse, Wei Wuxian got up and stretched his back.

He yawned, "It's about time we go back. Bring the fierce corpse along with us. We'll have Jiang Cheng take a close look at this problem."