Chapter 22 - Gifting All of You a Flower

The scent of a lotus wafted in the air.

"This is painful..." Lan Jingyi groaned, as he hung upside down in a handstand, whilst trying to write down words onto a blank piece of paper. Beside him, Lan Sizhui struggled as well.

Who knew what was going through HanGuang-Jun's head at that moment, but he actually ordered his Clan's disciples into going through such a cruel punishment! His exterior is cold, his interior is cold as well! Only Wei Wuxian had to differ for that statement.

"What would you do if we don't have to complete this punishment anymore?" Lan Jingyi asked.

Lan Sizhui arched an eyebrow. He was confused at first, but then gradually sunk into an ocean of thoughts. "I would make sure if Jin Ling is okay. He looks like he got the heavier portion of the punishment, seeing how strict his Uncle is."

"Tch," Lan Jingyi clicked the roof of his mouth, "Young Mistress is fine. Well, you still seem like yourself, Sizhui. Always caring about others before yourself."

Lan Sizhui didn't answer to the last off-handed comment.

"Well," Lan Jingyi added, "If I could get out of this hell, I would run to Young Mistress and complain the hell out at him."

Both disciples of GusuLan were keen on finding Jin Ling, the brat who left them for a different "punishment". Despite them having contrasting personalities, both Lan disciples wanted to find the brat.

They were both unaware that their wishes were going to be granted...

...in less than ten seconds.

Wei Wuxian bursted into their punishment room, slamming the doors wide open. "Hey! Did anyone miss me?"

Astonished at the sudden appearance, Lan Jingyi fell over.

Lan Sizhui stayed in his handstand, using one spare hand to pull Lan Jingyi back up into his original handstand form. The two disciples were speechless, with the blood rushing to their heads.

"S-Senior Wei!" Lan Sizhui blurted. He remained in his handstand.

Wei Wuxian was expressionless, "...you know, you don't have to handstand while talking to me."

The two Lan disciples flipped over, landing into a position of kneeling. Lan Sizhui bowed and clasped his hands together, "What does Senior Wei need from us?"

A mischievous smile took upon Wei Wuxian's face. He leaned over to the young disciple, then whispered a few intangible words in his ear. He did the same to Lan Jingyi. When the latter finally processed all of the words and information, he let out an alarming yelp. "WHAT!?!"

*****

The next day was a peaceful one.

It was the type of day where the wind wasn't too harsh, nor as empty as an abode. The streets of Lotus Pier was filled with stalls, which sold many products. Civilians and children rushed by, each wearing happy smiles and fulfilling expressions.

"What do you want to buy?" Wei Wuxian nudged the junior disciple beside him.

Jin Ling puffed out like a pufferfish. "I'm not a child! I don't need you to buy me anything!"

Beside him, Lan Jingyi shot him a disappointed look. "Well, I don't want to waste any of my pocket money. I'm going to rely on Senior Wei to pay for everything."

"Jingyi..." Lan Sizhui elbowed the said person in his ribs. "Don't be rude."

Wei Wuxian placed his hands on his hips. "Well, sucks to be you. I'm not the one paying. Say hello to my wallets," He turned around to point at the rest of the three couples, "Oh, and my husband." He adds when his finger lands on Lan Zhan.