Chapter 11

Mitch's POV

I was so nervous. Why? Oh, I don't know maybe because my maybe-even-crush/friend was coming over to my place. Yeah, no biggie.

Actually it shouldn't be a big deal, I've had friends over so many times before and this shouldn't be any different. But yet it somehow was. Scott was special, and I didn't want to mess it up.

Arriving at our school I was still a mess. Why couldn't I get a grip on it? It's just Scottie. Scotland who was finally opening up a bit. Scooter who I loved giving nicknames to, even if I couldn't help but smile every time I said his name. Scott.

I turned to the school yard and saw Scott trying hard not to let the wind mess up his hair. It looked kind of weird, he was awkwardly shielding his hair with his hand, but all of that awkwardness disappeared when he sat down in the passenger seat.

He brought in a cold breeze from outside, but I was too caught up in staring at him that I didn't really care. He was wearing a cute button up shirt with black-and-white flowers on it. It fitted him perfectly and his hair was on point. The wind hadn't messed it up at all, it looked even hotter a bit messy. His usually perfect quiff was still noticeable, it just looked a bit wilder and very, very sexy.

"Your hair looks great today." I just had to say it. And I was still staring at him. Fuck I need to stop this. I was gathering self-control to look away when he smiled at me.

"Thanks."

His short answer just made me smile more and I could feel my decision not to stare at him fly away when I looked at his smile. Bye stupid decision, hello consequences.

***

When we stepped out of the car I could see that he was nervous too. He was perfect, why the heck was he even worried. Well maybe he was just overthinking it. Just like me.

"So, umm, should we go inside? I hope it's okay that my family is at home, we can stay mostly in my room." How about one sentence without the word "umm" in it. Yeah brains that would be nice.

"Yeah, let's go!" He was trying not to let his nervousness show but it didn't work out that well. You could both hear and see that he was nervous. I needed to do something to reassure him, he had no reason to be nervous.

"Don't worry, they're just my parents."

I rested my hand on his back and rubbed it slightly, a friendly reassuring gesture. At least that was what I was hoping he got out of it, all I could think of was how nice it would feel rest my hand on his back without the shirt in between. I could run my hand up and down his spine and get to know every single part of his no-doubt perfect back. Hug him and let my head rest against his chest...

Gosh, I was in this bad. I wasn't even thinking about sex, just cuddling, and it was a sign of a deeper crush than just an I-want-to-fuck-him-so-bad crush. There was definitely a part of me that wanted that too, but now was not the time to think about it.

Maddie came and took our jackets as we walked in. I could see the surprise in Scott's body language but I was thankful that he didn't bring it up. I knew that it was uncommon to have a maid and that was the main reason why it made me feel uncomfortable when I noticed his surprise. It was okay though, there was not a single person yet that hadn't shown any reaction to this. And Scott definitely handled this better than the last boy that I'd invited home.

Seeing as no one had come to greet us, I concluded that my parents weren't home. My sister was probably in her room listening to some boyband or something. Her room was almost completely sound isolated so she usually didn't even hear me come home.