Chapter 23

Mitch's POV

I panicked okay. I had no idea how to act, how to react or what to do so I tried being as casual as possible and messed it all up horribly. I said stupid things, then I felt anxious about it and made it even worse by acting distant and cold.

I really realized how serious my mess up was when I saw the look in Scott's eyes before he turned around and left me outside his house alone. I had really not handled this well and worst of all he seemed really upset. I had made a mess of this in only a matter of minutes. Why was I so stupid?

I stayed awake most of the night, thinking about how to handle the situation but didn't come to any answers. Should I call him? Invite him over? Explain things or just kiss him? So many decisions that I didn't know how to deal with, I had never been this nervous about a kiss, it had just happened in all of my previous relationships. But it felt like this was more difficult, probably because the whole thing I had going on with Scott meant more to me than the others where I had to handle the pressure of kissing them first.

I needed advice and I needed it fast. I had exactly two opinions for that and the other one was most probably hangover this morning so it left me with only one solution.

I rose from my bed and tiptoed my way across the hallway. I knocked on the door before opening it silently, careful not to wake her up if she was sleeping.

The lights were on and Vic was laying in her bed facing the wall. I could see the phone in her hand and heard a quiet giggle, she hadn't noticed I was here.

"Vic?"

Vic closed her phone screen and turned around in her bed. She looked really surprised to see me but motioned for me to come closer while opening her phone again sending a quick text before putting it away completely. I had to admire how ready she was to put everything else aside for me.

"Is everything okay Mitchy? You look a bit... off?" I could hear genuine worry in her voice and it made me feel a bit better. However sarcastic and sassy she might be sometimes, I knew how much she really cared. This was just another example of how well she knew me and how ready she was to try and make me feel better even this early in the morning.

"Well I kind of had a rough night... But it was all my fault so no need to go on a killing spree."

"I would say good that I don't have to kill anyone but it's not good if you're this upset about whatever happened." Vic had risen to a sitting position and was now facing me sitting on the bed. She studied my face for a while. "Boy problems?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"Well I can't really think of anything else that'd make you look like that except if something happened with Scott." I was really see through apparently but I was happy she'd caught on this quickly.

"You're right about that." I sighed and lowered my glance explaining what had happened. She listened the whole story and didn't look at all happy with me when I told her what I'd said afterwards. I still didn't understand how I could mess it up so badly. Neither did she at least judging by her words.

"Mitch! Why would you even say that? Of course it meant something!"

"I know I know I just panicked and didn't know what to say. It was the easy way out and I just kind of went with it and messed up."

"You really did. Wow I never thought my brother would be that stupid but luckily it's still fixable."

"How though? That's why I'm here, I need advice like really badly." I was really desperate, asking for relationship advice from my sister. But she did seem like she knew how to handle boy drama.