Chapter 50

Mitch's POV

Time ticked by even slower than usual when I was at school. Somehow there was no room for anything else in my head than the anticipation for tonight. Scott and I were going on a date after such a long pause. But it didn't actually worry me that much, I had a good feeling about it and mostly just felt slightly nervous. And a little bit of nervousness was only good.

When I finally did get to go home, I couldn't wait to start getting ready. It was an important process in the whole purpose of dates, in my opinion. I would really spend time on this, and settle for nothing less than absolutely stunning. Scotty wasn't going to be able to keep his eyes away from me. He might have thought he could hide it behind shock at Starbucks today but I had seen how his eyes had gotten a few shades darker after my suddenly awakened cheekiness. I knew he'd gotten the same thoughts that I had and there was no denying that he had missed it as much as I had.

The first thing I did was take a shower, using my favorite scented shower gel and taking my time. It gave me a perfect opportunity to plan out the rest of the evening. Scott didn't really like the super fancy places, he opposed the idea of me spending too much money on him. Too bad that I loved buying him expensive gifts and surprises. But I had decided to not overkill tonight, I didn't want him to be upset about anything. So my idea was to take him to the cute little Italian restaurant nearby. It was adorable, with a nice view and the perfect setting for a romantic mood. I would get him flowers and walk him home afterwards, it'd be perfect.

After the shower I got my clothes out and started working on my face and hair. I felt confident about my looks today and when I looked at the finished product in the mirror I couldn't wait for Scott's reaction. I looked amazing.

"Knock knock, can I come in?" Vic's head had appeared inside the doorframe and I smiled at her through the mirror.

"Of course sis." I told her and she made her way straight to my bed, laying down on it with a smile playing on her lips.

"How come your bed is so much nicer than mine?" She questioned randomly and I laughed in response, she was silly.

"It's because I sleep in it. It can't help being affected by my charm." I joked, giving myself one last look in the mirror before turning around to face Vic.

"How do I look?"

"Amazing. Scott won't be able to tear his eyes off you." Vic answered with a cheeky smile on her face. I rolled my eyes but was secretly very pleased with her answer, hoping that this indeed would be the case. I didn't mind Scott's eyes on me at all and he knew that very well.

I picked up two bottles of perfume and pondered which one I should wear tonight. One was sweet and adorable whilst the other one was more sexy and hot. I turned around with the bottles and offered them to Vic.

"Which one?" I asked and she took them, smelling them with a smile on her lips. She offered the sweet one to me and I nodded, maybe that one was indeed better for this occasion. "Thanks sis." I turned around, carefully spraying the perfume on my wrists and above my collarbone. I was ready, now I just needed to get the flowers and maybe some chocolate for Janice. I suddenly realized that I probably should make sure that Vic didn't have anything special to tell me, she'd come here quite unexpected after all.

"Was there something you wanted to talk about?" I turned around to face her and walked over to my smiling little sister, sitting down on the bed next to her.

"I really just wanted to make sure you had everything you need and that you're not too nervous." She said sweetly and I was a little bit surprised at how thoughtful this was. However amazing and kind Vic was, she was still a teenager so I hadn't expected this kind of gesture. But then again I should already know that not every teenager is as selfish as people seem to think.