Chapter 30

Mitch's POV

I had noticed that Scott was nervous about something and I was so happy it was this. Good God he had taken his time with the procedure but it was all so sweet and amazing. The fact that he'd taken time to choose and rehearse a song for me was just so fucking cute that I almost squealed out loud. And that wasn't even it, he really had a hand with words and I was melting on the inside because of how adorable he was. Gosh I was a mess.

My answer was really not that hard to predict since I really liked him. Every little romantic and overly cheesy thing he planned for me just made me like him more, he was literally the description of perfect.

"Scott, I don't think I can possibly give justice to my feelings right now but I'll try. I value our friendship more than I value a lot of things, but I'm ready to risk that for this. It's so cheesy but you're literally on my mind all the time and I don't mind one single bit. Scott, I would love to be your boyfriend. Honestly nothing would make me happier." My eyes were probably shining because of all the emotions that were going through my mind but I didn't care. Looking at the amazingly wide smile on Scott's lips, I knew he didn't mind either. He placed his hands on my cheeks and brought our faces closer to each other.

"Words can't describe how amazing you are, boyfriend." He smiled cheekily and I lifted my hands up to his neck, smiling uncontrollably as well.

"Same goes for you Scotty." I closed my eyes and anticipated the kiss, and I wasn't disappointed.

He was in no hurry, making the kiss loving and soft. His lips moved carefully against mine for a long while before deepening the kiss. I loved the way his lips felt against mine and the feelings the kiss brought. There was this bubbly sensation in my stomach and somehow I always forgot the whole world around us when his lips met mine. Even just being around him made the line between reality and this fairytale world where true love exists get dimmed.

When we broke the kiss I rested my head against his forehead, looking at my boyfriend tenderly. I couldn't believe that this was actually happening. We were actually officially together and I was finally in a healthy relationship where respect was a thing. There was nothing that could ruin this day for me.

Scott was caressing my cheek gently, meeting my eyes and smiling like crazy. I couldn't stop smiling either, it was like the smile was a permanent feature on my face, and Scott seemed to have the same problem. And that didn't feel nearly enough, I didn't even know how I could express all this happiness to Scott.

"Can I just hold you for a while and let this sink in? I love having you in my arms." Scott whispered and I nodded without a second thought, I always felt so secure in Scott's arms. He moved up to lay on the bed and opened his arms for me to climb into. I found a comfortable position and rested my head against Scott's chest, feeling his hand playing with my hair. Occasionally he'd even press his lips to the top of my head, almost making me purr like a cat.

I didn't think it through nor plan it but I was so content that the newly found heaviness of my eyes slowly started to take over. The steady beats of Scott's heart and the soothing motions on my head brought me into a light slumber where the last thing I thought about was how lucky I was to be right there at that moment.

***

My eyes snapped open at the sound of the front door slamming. For a second my imagination took over, coming up with possible scenarios with thieves and murderers but soon the only logical answer hit me, Janice was home. Although I knew it was her I was wide awake in Scott's arms, waiting for a confirmation that I wasn't about the get killed. By Scott's steady breaths I knew he was still asleep despite the noises coming from the next room.