Chapter 21

Mitch's POV

That fucking waitress. It had taken all of my self-control to not start acting over-protective and even Scott couldn't be so clueless that he hadn't noticed my clear jealousy. Luckily she was left in the bar watching as I led Scott outside. Ha, at least she knew now that Scotty wasn't going to call her, he'd be too busy texting me. And anyway he wasn't interested in girls.

All this ran through my mind as I got ready for the party. I had still not understood how jealous I'd gotten at the thought of Scott going on dates with that girl. It seemed like I did get very jealous of my love interests. It hadn't been this intense with Richard, probably because he'd spent all his time being overly protective of me. I knew how it felt to have someone obsess over everyone you even looked at and I didn't want to be that guy. I was just going to have to control it. Hopefully there wouldn't be too many opportunities for it to show.

To my relief Scott was indeed gay, but I could never be too careful. Now I was finally so close to actually having the chance to date him that I was not going to let someone steal him from right in front of me.

There was a knock on my door and Vic walked in, wearing her favorite shirt and ripped black jeans. Her make-up was on point and it was obvious that she was going out.

"Who's the lucky guy?" I asked, looking back into the mirror, making the final touches on my eyebrows.

"The one we talked about earlier." She wore a cheeky smile that told me how happy she was to go out with exactly him.

"Ooooh him. Well what can I say, have fun but not too much fun you know." I turned to look at her with a smile matching hers.

"Mitch! That was what I was about to say to you! But I know you'll have fun because if I got it right Scott is coming too." She wiggled her eyebrows at me and I just smiled, there was no denying that to be honest.

"True."

"You didn't even try to deny it. What's going on with you and Scott?"

"We're friends." The words were painful to state.

"Ugh c'mon do something! You can't just wait around for him to ask you out!"

She actually had a point with that, weirdly enough. It felt like I had waited long enough. I just kept thinking about it but not doing anything. That was not something I'd tell her though so I just shrugged and she shot me an annoyed glance. I ignored her and took one last look in the mirror. Good enough, here we go.

I stood up from and grabbed my handbag, then turning to walk out of my room right past Vic. She followed me downstairs and grabbed her leather jacket, obviously planning on leaving the house at the same time with me.

"Bye! I'll be back sometime during the night, don't worry about me!" I shouted to Mother and Father that were in the living room. Everyone knew that I liked to party sometimes and they were okay with it since I'd actually never betrayed their trust. Vic told them her goodbyes as well and they let us go without making us talk too much about what we were going to do. We'd always had a good relationship and they knew we were worth their trust.

"Goodbye!" Mother still shouted back and we exited the house together.

"Do you need a ride?" I decided on being a good big brother and offering to drive her. I was also a bit early and really wanted to see the guy.

"Actually he'll come and get me with his motorcycle." Wow, the motorcycle guys were not the type I'd though Vic would go for. I really hoped he wouldn't turn out to be a douche for her sake.

"Oh, well have fun, I guess."

"You too bro, but keep it safe." She winked at me and flipped her hair as she turned. I chuckled at her act, she was a true drama queen.