Epilogue

*8 years later*

Mitch's POV

"Thank you New York! We'll see you again very soon!" I shouted into the cheering crowd, buzzing with adrenaline from the sold out show. The platform we were standing on slowly moved down until we all had disappeared from the crowd's eyes, having said our last thank you's of the night. I took a grip of Scott's hand and he squeezed it, probably feeling the same sort of awe and wonder that was going through my head right now. I was literally ready to start bawling, that's how emotional I felt. We, Pentatonix, five choir nerds from Texas, had just done a sold out show at Madison Square Garden. That was completely insane. I had just stood up there on the stage with four of my best friends after all these years and it felt as amazing and wonderful as it always has. But a lot had changed since those crazy teenage years. These days, all of our families had grown and I am pretty confident in saying that we had all found true happiness. I knew I had, that's for sure.

When we stepped of the small platform it only took a few seconds before a mass of people were crowding around us. Family and close friends all started gathering around, to hug and congratulate us on the biggest show we'd ever done. But before any of that madness arrived to us, Scott had the time to wrap his arm around me and pull me gently towards him.

"You were amazing out there, as always you always are." He whispered and planted a small kiss on the top of my head. "Can you believe this is happening?" He added even quieter into my hair, and I hummed softly at the nice feeling of the warm air hitting my head as he spoke.

"Thank you Scotty, you slayed the scene as always. And it really feels surreal to me too. But I'm so happy. So incredibly happy with everything that has happened and is happening." I told him properly out loud, meaning every single word. In my wild teenage years, I would never have believed how great my life would turn out. And honestly this was all mostly thanks to Scott.

"So am I Mitchy, so am I." He answered before our little moment got interrupted by a call for attention from a small running figure heading towards us.

"Dad! Papa!" Eden ran towards us with her short 5-year-old wobbly feet, her dark curls bouncing on her shoulders and the excitement clear in her movements. I stepped slightly away from Scott out of habit, knowing that he'd get down on his knees to greet our daughter since he was too tall to do that while standing. He did, and Eden ran straight into his arms. "Dad! That was amazing, you all were up there and the people were cheering and and and, can you do that again?" She was smiling incredibly widely and in this moment I was really happy that we'd decided to let her come here with us. We were usually pretty strict about not involving the kids with the press, and that also meant that they couldn't come to our shows so this was the first show they'd ever been allowed to. But the wonder and happiness on her face definitely confirmed that we'd made the right choice.

"Yes honey we can, later though." Scott laughed and hugged Eden again. "I saw you waving from the crowd princess, I really hope you liked it." She giggled and stroked Scott's beard with her hand. She loved to do that, she was always telling everyone how funny it felt. 

"Of course I liked it Dad. You and Papa are so good!" She explained to us and Scott lifted her into his arms, kissing her on the cheek.

"So are you princess!" I told her and in a second her eyes turned to me, followed by a shout, "Papa!" and then threw her arms around my neck over Scott's shoulders, hugging me tightly.

"Thank you for letting me come with you!" She said into my ear while hugging me and I kissed the side of her head softly.

"Of course princess. I'm glad you're here. But where is your brother though, wasn't he with you?" I asked and she loosened the hug and settled back in Scott's arms to answer me.