Chapter 14

*2 weeks later*

Scott's POV

I was meeting Mitch again this afternoon. After getting over the shock of having actual friends, I got a lot more relaxed around Kirstie and Mitch. They continuously wanted to include me in their little coffee dates and hanging out sessions. It made me more comfortable and I was becoming my true self for the first time ever somewhere else than at home.

I had even hang out with only Mitch two times, but we'd mostly made music and sang together. Nothing special had happened, unfortunately, but we hugged goodbye every time we hung out. Not at school though. But I hadn't forgotten the feeling of my hands on his bare skin. Somehow I couldn't seem to get it out of my head. 

For the first time in my life I actually looked forward to going to school every morning. There were only a few people that I really had grown to dislike in the first month of my senior year. These were the douchebags that had insulted Mitch earlier this month. I hadn't seen it happening again time but I had my suspicions. Mitch just seemed to be a bit quieter at some times when I met him and in his own world too. Luckily that had only happened twice. I had already decided that I do something if I would get a hint that someone was bullying or even being remotely mean to either of my two friends. I would defend them at any cost, that's what friends are for.

When the bell rang, I gathered my stuff in a matter of seconds and took off towards the cafeteria. There I met Kirstie who was humming something while obviously texting. She looked up as I got closer to her, smiled, and continued texting until I reached her. She hugged me hello since it was the first time we saw each other today. I had noticed that she was a very cuddly person, but couldn't say I minded. Quite the opposite, I found myself enjoying hugs more than ever and being cuddly myself as well.

"Hey Scotty what's uuup?"

"Hey Kirst! Just hungry I guess. Is Mitch coming?" She raised her eyebrow at this but continued normally.

"Yeah, I just texted him, he's on his way over. You're meeting him today right?"

"Yup, he hasn't shut up about seeing my home so I guess he's coming over..." I was still unsure what had over taken me when I'd promised him that he could come. Our house was nothing special and so small as well. But I guess he must have figured it out already, and since he had still been asking he couldn't really care that much if it was small. It suddenly hit me that I hadn't talked to Kirstie about it at all, I hope she won't take it like I don't want her to come. "I'm sorry I didn't have the time to ask you and our house is really small." That sounded pathetic but well better than nothing I guess.

"It's okay Scott, really, I have my singing lesson today anyways and I think Mitch had something he wanted to talk to you about."

"Oh really? What is it?" I couldn't hide my curiosity.

"I can't tell you." Giggling. "I shouldn't even have said that oops but he probably won't kill me so we're safe."

At that second Mitch appeared by the door and with a couple of steps he was standing next to us, looking as stunning as usual. It had remained a mystery to me how a boy could be that pretty.

"You're late Mitchy." Kirstie said, eyeing Mitch.

"No I'm not. A queen is never late, you are just too early."

"I'm truly sorry your royal highness." Kirstie bowed down sarcastically and then laughed at Mitch's fake offended expression.

"That better not have been sarcasm. You can be the princess though, and Scott can be the King."

"Does that make you my Mommy?"

"Yes child."

It had taken a bit of time to get used to, hearing their random things, but it was hilarious. Kirstie's next comment got me by surprise though, I hadn't even thought about it.