Chapter 13

Mitch's POV

I couldn't get over the feeling of touching him. It had effectively sent goose bumps all over my body when he'd ran his fingers across my skin. I shivered again just thinking about it. That's not what I should be thinking about though, sitting at the dinner table with my parents, my dirty-minded little sister, Kirstie, and Scott himself.

Scott was polite, and I knew that my parents liked it. He answered their questions with a shy and cute smile on his lips, never telling too many details. I had never thought about it, seeing the awkward Scott that he was at school, but he was actually pretty good at the adult small talk. He handled the skill of listening and asking questions perfectly, never too self-centered, quite the opposite actually.

I knew he'd been nervous about meeting them, but he seemed to have relaxed more and more the longer we ate. It made me relax as well, knowing that my parents accepted him. I didn't even have to worry about them embarrassing me, they were far too classy for that. There were lots of stories though, and I was more worried about Kirstie and Vic if they would get the chance.

"You have a beautiful home. Can I ask who designed it?" This politeness was oddly sexy coming from his mouth. What was this boy doing to me?

"Thank you Scott, it was designed by Kirstie's mother actually. She is one of the best and we are very close with their family so it was only fitting." Mother seemed delighted at his question, answering it with a more excited voice than normal. Scottie-boy worried for nothing, my parents adore him.

"I can see that she's good. Does your family live nearby Kirstie?"

"Yes we do, it's a ten minute walk. It's perfect, I can see my best friend whenever I want to." She smiled at me widely.

"They've been inseparable since kindergarten, I was so sure they would get married at one point to be honest." Mother was smiling at the both of us.

"I don't think that's going to happen... It wouldn't work that well, right Kirst?" I was giving too much away, but the thought of Scott finding out didn't bother me that much anymore. In fact I found myself wanting for him to know, even if I still was a bit scared of what his reaction would be.

"No Mitchy, I think that possibility is ruled out, and has been for a few years now. I think you have to find your true love on other grounds" Kirstie was also keeping it polite, like we'd both been raised to do, but I knew she would be laughing if we were alone. Also Vic was keeping it surprisingly quiet. But I knew that she would be there tonight, asking all her questions.

Scott didn't fish for more information on the matter, but he did seem to be a bit more in thought than before, leaving more talking to the rest of us.

***

"Thank you for having me Mr. and Mrs. Grassi, it was nice to meet you!" We had eaten dinner and a moment after that, Scott hinted that it was time for him to get home soon.

"You seem like a nice young man Scott, you're welcome to come again any time you like." Father had been more guarded than Mother in the beginning, but finally even he had given in to Scott's charm. They both seemed to like him a lot, and were genuine with their invitations.

Their opinions mattered a lot to me, so I was very happy that they'd accepted him so quickly. It also made me more sure about Scott overall, they had never treated Rick like this. He wasn't even referred to with his name, even though he'd been here countless times. I'd learned to value their ability to read people after the incident with Richard. They had been right about him, I hoped they were right about Scott.

I volunteered to drive Scott home, and he seemed thankful for the ride. Kirstie had walked here and she said she was walking home as well. Even though I loved Kirstie, I couldn't say that I wasn't happy for getting the whole car ride alone with Scott.