Chapter 37

Chapter 37

A/N look at this amazing picture that Billie (feministyaf on here) drew for this story. i legit fangirled so hard when she messaged me about the drawing and i'm so honored that she wanted to draw something from my story <3 (tysm Billie you're awesome and so so talented) go check out her one-shots people!! (and if you have drawings or something else for this story please contact me here or on twitter (@nellabella1234_), i'd love to see them!)

Mitch's POV

I had mixed feelings about going back to school. I kind of missed the routines and the normalness of school but I had very much enjoyed spending so much time with friends and family this past week. But there had been very much time for thinking and sadly the memories were still pretty much occupying all the space in my head. School would probably help with that. Maybe I'd even concentrate on the lessons for once. I wouldn't have any company of Scott during lessons, he was too much of a nerd to text with me. But not in a bad way, in my head nerd translates to passionate.

I picked up Scott a little bit before nine at his place.

"Morning beautiful." He said as he sat down, making me smile like an idiot. Somehow I found myself smiling like that every single time he called me one of those cheesy nicknames.

It was crazy how little his nicknames bothered me although always before meeting him I had made a big deal out of pointing out their silliness. I called Kirstie 'babe' but that was half ironical anyway. But there was something incredibly endearing to be called 'baby' or 'beautiful' by Scott. He said them so softly and caringly, showing how much he cared only with the simple words. So these days I didn't even call him out on them, even finding myself calling him pet names in return.

"Well morning to you too handsome." I said and pecked his cheek before starting the engine again. And he did look good, wearing a blue button-up -shirt that complimented his eyes nicely.

I had seen him a lot during the past week, he'd been insisting to spend time with me (not that I minded) and offer me a distraction from my thoughts. He didn't say that out loud but I knew he worried about me. But I was okay, it was only occasional that I got caught up thinking about something unpleasant and Scott really was a great distraction. We'd been watching movies and cuddling for the most time, avoiding any too dark topics and mostly just enjoying each other's company. His amazingness didn't seem to have a limit, he was so sweet all the time and did anything to make me feel better.

I could only hope to be even half as amazing to him as he was to me.

"So I was thinking, how open are we going to be about our relationship at school? It's up to you since you're the one of us that's not out yet." I had stopped the car in the school's parking lot and turned towards Scott.

"'Not out'" He scoffed and looked at me playfully. "If anyone wanted to know my sexuality it'd be pretty obvious anytime I'm in your presence. The amount of times that Mom teases me about looking 'lovesick' is ridiculous." He laughed and like he said, I caught the endearing glint in his eyes and blushed to a light shade of pink.

"Stop right now I can't deal with you when you get this cheesy." I said, trying to seem like I meant what I said but I was unable to stay serious when I looked at his fake pout. I messed up his hair lovingly only for him to scoot away from me, faking a shocked expression.

"I spend a solid 15 minutes on that!"

I laughed out loud. "Well aren't you shallow?" I teased and touched his nose playfully while he tried to catch my finger with his teeth. "Bad boy Scotty." I scolded and he rolled his eyes at me before his smile turned into a smirk.