Chapter 45

Scott's POV

It had been a week. A week filled with sadness and heartbreak that had hit me harder than I could ever have imagined. I had never been in love before this, so nothing could have prepared me for how hopeless everything felt.

I hadn't been to school for a week now and Mom was worrying herself sick, which I didn't like at all but I just wasn't ready to face him this soon. It was all too new. I might have fallen down into a hopeless mess if I'd seen him casually walk down the corridor with a smile on his face.

My room was dark, as it had been for many days now. I hadn't bothered to open the curtains and was planning to stay in bed today as well. I would take care of school afterwards, right now I just didn't have the energy. Never would I have guessed that this was how our relationship would end, with him cheating on me. And now Pentatonix was on hiatus too, for quite obvious reasons.

The only positive thing was that my song writing had really taken off. There were just so many feelings that I needed to get written down somehow. So a new piece was on its way, although it was sad I really liked how it was turning out in the middle of my messy life. It was obviously about Mitch, but I tried not making it as bad as I felt to avoid having to think too much about his betrayal.

A light in the room

It was you who was standing there

Tried it was true 

As your glance met my stare. 

It had indeed been Mitch standing there, but he wasn't alone. He was in someone else's arms.

I buried my head back into the pillow and pushed away the thought. Not right now, it was too early. I had had trouble sleeping well and woke up constantly during the nights which led to me not bothering to try and sleep after 6 am. It would only be a light slumber I could fall into after the early morning hours.

A knock on the door scared me slightly and I grunted to inform Mom that I was awake. She opened the door, letting some light into the room.

"Good morning honey." She said and I could hear the worry in her voice, feeling a pang of guilt in my chest. She walked to my window and opened the curtains, only bringing in a little bit of light as it was still late winter.

"I'm worried Scott." She had sat down on my bed so that I was facing her and I sighed.

"I know, I'm sorry." I said in a raspy morning voice. I really hated to make her worry especially since we'd always tried our best to stay on the same team through everything. But it seemed like I couldn't do anything right.

"I know it's tough, but I swear this isn't the end of the world. Could you consider going to school? I think it'd make you feel better to do something." She stated carefully and I felt bad. She knew pretty well what had happened and knew that I really didn't want to see him right now, but I knew she really only had my best interest in mind. I actually considered going to school just for her sake. I couldn't keep letting her worry about me all the time. And to be honest I felt pretty pathetic to just lay at home every day because I was scared of facing Mitch. I sighed in defeat, I guess school was what's up.

"If you think so, I'll go. I'll just do it."

She came to give me a hug and a kiss on the forehead.

"Thank you Scott. It'll get better, I promise."

***

School was full of people when I arrived to the familiar building. I was probably looking quite dead since I hadn't bothered to do anything else but eat, dress and brush my teeth before leaving. Even that had felt hard, and I didn't like how tired I got only about the thought of seeing Mitch here. It finally sunk in that there was actually no way I could avoid him the whole day as I looked at my calendar. The second lesson was music and the first one chemistry. Great. Absolutely fantastic way to start off the day with two lessons together with him after one another. Maybe I'd skip music because it felt like that would maybe too much for me right now, I'd have to see after this.