Chapter 27

Mitch's POV

My lesson of the day was that it's very hard to drive when your thoughts are all over the place. It took all the concentration my body possessed to be able to avoid accidents. But I did have a reason to be so absentminded. Scott Hoying had just kissed me... Wow. I was still in awe that he had finally taken the next step after all the teasing and I'd gotten a taste of how amazing it would be to be his. It seemed like something small but for me, it was definitely the highlight of the week.  

The driving proved to be even more difficult than I had expected. Especially when Scott placed his hand on my lap, effectively alerting all my nerves and directing my focus to his hand.

Somehow I still made it to Scott's house, only because he hadn't distracted me with any words. When the sound of the engine faded away I suddenly became very aware of the silence. Should we talk about what happened? After all it was really new for us and we hadn't uttered a word about the matter.

I was not good at dealing with silences or overall situations where I didn't know what was going on. I started to really worried really fast, making me try and find explanations to the events. Who knows, maybe Scott hadn't talked to me because the kiss didn't mean that much to him. It had seemed like it did but what if I'd read the situation all wrong? Or maybe he regretted the kiss and just wanted to forget about it. Or maybe-

"Are you okay Mitch? You look kind of distressed." Scott patted my leg before moving his hand away as he talked.

"I'm fine, just lost in thought."

"Same goes for me. There is a lot to think about."

"I second that." I answered in a low voice, not even sure if I meant for him to hear it or not. Apparently I would never know, since he just smiled at me quickly before opening his door to get up. I did the same, seeing Scott right in front of me as I'd risen from the seat.

"I was going to open that for you." He looked a bit disappointed to not have gotten the chance.

"Next time." I promised and smiled. He really did have the need to be a gentleman and I was not going to stop him if that meant he would open doors for me and carry me through the snow.

We turned to walk the short way to Scott's door, side by side as usual. The doubts in my head kept distracting me and I think Scott noticed judging by the questioning look he shot me. When I didn't answer his unasked question he took a grip of my shoulders and turned me to face him.

"Mitch are we okay?" He studied my eyes as I tried to form a sentence that would explain how I felt.

"I guess? I'm just a bit confused and feel like I have no idea what you think about this."

"I'm still figuring it out to some point, but I do know some things. Do you want to hear them?" I nodded silently and he grabbed my hand taking a step closer.

"When I hold your hand, it feels right. When I hug you, it feels right. And when I kiss you, it feels right. So I'm just going to trust that feeling of us being right, if you'll let me."

His words eased the doubts and I knew this was important to him as well. My eyes met his and I nodded again.

"I would love for you to trust that feeling." He smiled before pressing his lips against mine slowly, letting the kiss be sweet and composed. We both just enjoyed being close to each other in this new and exciting way.

When we broke apart I couldn't help but note that he was a really good kisser despite his lack of experience. Was there anything he wasn't good at?

"Mom is probably waiting for me already..." Scott interrupted my wondering over his amazingness.

"Oh, of course! I'll get going but see you on Monday?" I didn't actually want to leave but I neither did I want to be annoying and clingy. Luckily Scott apparently felt the same way.