Chapter 49

Scott's POV

I could never have guessed how much fun it would be to spend Easter with Mitch. Vic was obviously with us most of the time but she rooted for the two of us so much that her presence didn't stop us from growing closer again. Our relationship was slowly being built back, from sleeping next to each other forwards to opening doors and helping each other out with various small things. When I had made up my mind about what I wanted, it was surprisingly easy to forgive. Even if there would still probably be dreams about that one awful evening, they never occurred when sleeping next to Mitch and I was very thankful for the long nights. Mitch was really eager to prove that he could be trusted and had really taken it to heart when I'd said I wanted to go slow. The awkwardness had disappeared but we were still careful to not cross some physical touching -line. I didn't know exactly where the line was right now but Mitch seemed determined to not making me feel uncomfortable.

Between the cheeky comments Vic was throwing us every now and then, we only cuddled and had hugged a few times, but nothing more than that. It was kind of nice though, and I enjoyed holding Mitch in my arms, but then again I also really enjoyed feeling his lips on mine. Luckily, we grew closer every hour that passed so I figured I wouldn't have to wait too long.

It felt like no time had passed at all, and at the same time like a really long time since I'd been home last. Anyway tonight was the last night of my invasion at the Grassi's. School would start tomorrow and we'd agreed on going straight to school from here after I'd kindly declined Kirstie's offer to pick me up tonight at midnight when they arrived back home. Now that Mitch's and my relationship had gotten a lot better and something was happening between us there was no way I would escape to Kirstie's for the last night. I found myself slightly dreading the time when I had to go back home, even if I did miss Mom a lot.

I wasn't going to worry about that now though. I was really set on enjoying my last night here and stupid worries were not going to stop me.

Dinner was already eaten and Mitch, Vic and I had excused ourselves from the table. Vic was going to skype one of her friends and Mitch had suggested we take a walk since we'd pretty much been watching movies through the whole weekend. I agreed, it could be nice to get some fresh air.

"Here, I'll help you with the jacket." I said, taking it from the hanger and hoping he appreciated the romantic little act. He seemed to, blushing slightly and stretching his arms into the coat.

"Thank you Scotty." He said and I smiled at him warmly, still not used to being able to do these romantic little things again. I was happy I could though, and forgiving him hadn't been difficult at all after we'd talked a bit more about everything one night. Mitch had explained what had been going through his head in those moments with Rick and I kind of saw where he was coming from with the things he'd done. I might have done the same thing if I'd been him to be honest. But it didn't really matter. What was important was that Mitch and I were fine again, not officially together, but acting more like a couple every day.

We stepped outside and the still cold wind hit me in the face. I was happy I'd realized to take mittens with me and hoped Mitch wouldn't mind the cold too much.

"Do you often do this? Take walks that is." I asked him, mostly just to start conversation.

"Yeah. Fresh air is nice, and it helps me think and focus. I often write songs outside in the summertime because everything feels realer when I'm outside." His eyes shone beautifully in the light of the streetlamps on the sides of the road. What he said made sense, and I could easily imagine Mitch sitting here somewhere, writing and humming something as he worked. The image made me smile and I turned my head to answer him with the smile still lingering on my lips.