Chapter 31

Mitch's POV

Kirstie was my best friend so I wasn't actually nervous about telling her. The only thing I was scared of was her reaction when she'd know I hadn't told her immediately. But this was probably all more nerve-wracking for Scott since Kirstie didn't even know about him being into boys, at least not for sure.

But Scott at least seemed really calm, walking beside me with his hand in mine. He just looked happy and quite relaxed to be honest. The fact that he didn't come off as nervous was surprising, I mean he had been really nervous about telling me...

"Aren't you nervous about telling her?" I asked Scott after deciding that it wasn't weird to ask him about it, I mean we were a couple after all.

"Not really, I know she's going to be supportive. She's been obsessing over us together since the beginning, remember?" Scott laughed and I smiled at the memories of Kirstie's smug smiles whenever we so much as hugged.

"You're going to be openly gay with 3 people then." I noted supportively, making sure that he understood the consequences about telling more people. The reaction was not what I expected, he got a bit stiffer in his movements and let out a dry laugh before surprising me even more.

"She actually already knows... I didn't even tell her, she just kind of guessed it and called me out on it once." He confessed, waiting for my reaction probably about the fact that he hadn't told me she knew. I was completely alright with the fact that he hadn't told me, it was his business and if he hadn't felt like telling me that was okay. So I just skipped the whole asking why he hadn't told me, I saw no reason to make him uncomfortable.

"How did she guess that? I was doubtful for such a long time." I answered instead, and I truly had been. It wasn't like he'd given me that many hints either.

"She said I did this heart eyes -thing whenever I looked at you..." Scott mumbled and blushed slightly, not quite meeting me eyes.

"That definitely sounds like something Kirstie would say. She talked about it to me as well once, heart-eyes-Hoying, right?" I teased him a little bit but on the inside I tried to figure out if I'd ever caught heart-eyes-Hoying in action. Sometimes when he looked at me it did indeed seem like it was a glance of adoration only meant for me but I had been sure it was all in my head. Apparently it wasn't all my imagination since Kirstie had pointed it out too.

"Yeah yeah." Scott stuck out his tongue and I laughed at the childish reaction, he was adorable. He gave me another one of those looks that I now was learning to recognize when hearing my giggling.

"But honestly I'm not nervous at all, I think she knew it'd end up like this anyway. She even took the time to threaten me if I dared to hurt you in any way." He laughed it off but I could tell that he was serious. She really had warned him about hurting me, most likely because she was thinking about everything I had been through already and wanted to make sure I would be okay. Well she really was an amazing friend although it hadn't been necessary to warn Scott off, he wouldn't hurt me.

Before I had time to answer Scott moved on in the conversation, clearly not wanting to hang on to the conversation he and Kirstie had shared.

"We should tell Vic soon too, she'll be angry if we let her wait too long." He said thoughtfully. "And Avi and Kevin too, that'll make everything easier I think. Maybe our families should know as well."

"I'm all for telling everyone, and even better then I will able to kiss you whenever and wherever I feel like it." It was no lie, I had serious difficulties keeping away from him in school and everywhere else too to be quite honest.

"I'd like that too." Scott said and lifted his arm over my shoulder, hugging me to his side as we walked the last bit up to Kirstie's door. "But let's start here and think more about it later." He kissed my temple softly, before stepping away to a friendly distance. Better not to shock her too much just yet.