Chapter 46

Mitch's POV

*One week later*

Scott had arranged another Pentatonix meeting. We'd all been a bit surprised since there had been a break for a few weeks now and Avi and Kevin had obviously noticed that something wasn't right between the two of us. But now we'd all be gathered again.

Kirstie and I were on our way to Kevin's place where we'd meet the rest. There was a strange feeling in my stomach, almost nervousness. I told myself it was because I hadn't been singing that much for the past weeks, but really it was just that I hadn't seen Scott outside school for two weeks now. I missed him, but couldn't really do anything about that before he suggested meeting me or something. And now he had, even if there were three more persons in the room, this was still some kind of improvement from not seeing him at all after school and during the weekends.

Kirstie was constantly eyeing me and rolled her eyes as she noticed my nervous behaviour.

"Stop playing with your jacket! You have no reason to be that nervous about this. We're just going to sing together." She told me as we stopped outside the door. I looked back at her, she didn't understand that singing together was the worst part. There were too many memories.

"I know I know, but I also know it's going to be awkward and I hate it." This really was true, Scott's and my friendship had never been awkward like this but now, we could barely look at each other without it being uncomfortable.

"Stop overthinking it babe." She said and rang the doorbell. I sighed and continued to fiddle with my mittens that I'd already taken off. There was a good chance that Scott was already there. Fuck.

And yes indeed, it was Scott who opened the door for us with a smile on his face. He really had become much more active during the last week when he'd actually been in school. He had styled his hair and even if he still had sleeping bags, they were not as visible –or at least covered up. He had started caring about himself again and that really made me happy. I hated the fact that it was I who had driven him to the state of not caring, but at least it was getting better, for both of us.

"Hi guys, come one in we were just about to call you to make sure you got the place right." He said and motioned for us to get inside. Kirstie smiled and nudged my side gently, making me notice how stiffly I was standing and so I forced myself to relax a little bit. It was just Scott. The person I probably knew the best and who I loved, yet still it felt weird to walk so closely past him. There was nothing I wished for more than that I could have kissed him hi instead of just awkwardly sneaking past him.

When we'd taken our outer layer of clothes off, Scott hugged Kirstie hello and I was left standing on the side, feeling a pang of jealousy even if I knew quite well that it was only platonic. I didn't get a hug though, not even a platonic one. I hated to admit it to myself, but I was really jealous. I just wanted a hug okay. Kirstie saw my look at them and stuck out her tongue at me over Scott's shoulder.

He started leading us into the room where we'd been arranging a few times before and Kirstie slowed down her pace to walk by my side.

"Stop being a jealous little shit, your time will come." She whispered and I rolled my eyes, gently shoving her as if I was annoyed. In reality I was thankful that she saw it like that, in a way where Scott and I still had a chance even if I was still sour that she'd gotten a hug and I had not.

"Shh..." I shushed her and she laughed at my probably very childish pout. I gave her a smile in return, and we sat down in one of the after saying a quick hello to the rest of the guys. The arranged worked out pretty well, even if Scott avoided my glances and I found myself sighing sadly every time he acted cold. The rest noticed, but thankfully it wasn't being made into a big deal.