Chapter 20

Scott's POV

*A month later*

"Bravo!" Ms. Jones exclaimed when the song ended. We all smiled widely and bowed in front of the whole applauding school. Our first a cappella performance had gone well without any fails and we were all as excited as ever to continue rehearsing. We walked down from the small stage and listened to the principal telling some news, still buzzing after the performance.

"That was amazing." Mitch whispered in my ear as all five of us sat down. I smiled and whispered back: "I know." His eyes shone and his whole body radiated happiness. He was really a performer and I loved seeing the adrenaline he had when being on stage.

He laid his head on my shoulder to listen to the rest of the principals words. I rested my head to his we sat there very comfortably. I zoned out listening to the monotone voice telling us about some new club.

During the last month I had most importantly gotten over the dream. I managed to find the willpower to keep my hands of Mitch and take a moment to think about what my feelings were and what they meant. Soon I realized that this was no ordinary and momentary crush, I was really in this bad. I was still dealing with the feelings but I was getting used to the thought of falling for someone. And today I would take Mitch out for dinner and finally tell him what I'd been holding back for too long.

When I heard applauses once again I stood up with the rest of the school to leave the place for the last lesson of the day. We were ending school earlier since it was the last day before our four day long autumn break. That would leave me lots of time to spend with Mitch. I had everything planned.

I had this lesson together with Kirstie and we walked together. She was just as excited as me after the performance.

"When do you think we can record that cover?" she asked.

"I think we're ready with it now, having performed it and all, we just need some equipment to film it with. Someone should do some research about what we should use.... Maybe Kevin?"

"Okay, I'll talk to him."

"Thanks Kirst."

We continued walking in silence but it didn't last too long.

"What are you guys going to do today?"

"Oh, Mitch told you we're hanging out?"

"Yeah, we talk pretty openly but I promise I won't tell him if you tell me now. I'm so curious, and I don't want to see you mess up."

"Um thanks? I was just going to tell him about something kind of personal, he should know first though so you'll have to wait... I'm sorry." However much I loved Kirstie, Mitch should know about my sexuality first.

"Let me guess... You'll come out to him today?"

"What?" How could she know that?

"You're gay, right? But Mitch is too blind to realize that so you'll tell him today."

"How do you even know that I'm gay? I haven't told anyone else than my Mom. And as far as I know you've never met her." I was still in shock about that and couldn't focus on much else.

"It's kind of obvious, looking at the way you act around Mitch. That heart-eyes -thing you do gives you away.

"I'm not doing anything." I denied it even though I deep down kind of knew what she was talking about.

"Oh but you are. Anyways I haven't told anyone so don't worry. It's only right that you tell everyone yourself, I'm not anyone to go and tell people your secrets."