Chapter 3

Scott's POV

The noise of my alarm clock going off was the most dreadful thing I'd ever heard. I hated my alarm clock. I hated school. I hated mornings. I hated everything, as I listened for the alarm going on and on without having the energy to turn it off. Mornings were definitely not my favorite time of the day I thought grumpily as I gathered the energy to turn the damn alarm off.

After debating if yesterdays outfit choice was still accurate and styling my hair for half an hour I finally got on with my morning. Mom had already left for work, leaving a note for me in the kitchen.

"Morning! Your lunch is in the fridge and I left some money for you on the table, maybe for a date with someone? Have a nice day sweetie! Love, Mom"

I thought about how sweet she was for making me lunch as I ate a quick breakfast and gathered my stuff in my worn-out backpack. Luckily there wasn't much I needed today, it being the first day and all. I left the money on the table for her to use. I'd given up hope on finding any gay boys at our school, and she needed the money anyways. When I was sure I had everything I scrolled through tumblr with my secondhand smart phone for a couple of minutes before grabbing my keys and heading out of the door.

Thank God I lived near the school. I didn't have the energy to walk a long way to get to the place I hated the most.

Ugh. So many people were hugging and kissing in the schoolyard. I was so not in the mood for school.

My grumpy thoughts were cut off when a bright red Porsche I'd never seen before drove to the schoolyard. Watching the admiring faces of the other students I came to the conclusion they hadn't either. A weird kind of curiosity rose inside of me towards the new students that obviously were transfers from the private school. Quickly realizing my mistake I lectured myself about getting my hopes up. I had done that too many times, with every new student ever. As I turned around and started walking towards my first class I could feel the mass of people curiously lean towards the new students, trying to even get a glimpse of the rich kids.

My first class was English, that I surprisingly didn't despise that much. We mostly read books through the class and since I loved reading it wasn't that bad. I stayed silent through the whole class, the only exception saying "here" when the Ms. Hart went through our names in the beginning of the class.

The breaks between classes were always the worst. I stood awkwardly by myself in front of the classroom and was always the first one to enter. I sat in the back of the classroom reading as the classroom started to fill up. I decided it was time to put the book away as the room was almost full and the teacher would be arriving soon. A loud group of people stopped outside the classroom and a couple seconds' later two students that I'd never seen before walked into the room. A girl and a boy. I understood quickly that they were the rich kids, judging by their clothing and the way people looked at them.

The two students were both gorgeous. The girl was a colored blond with beautiful features. She wore high heels and was utterly fashionable. The boy had dark brown hair that was swiped to one side, and was carrying a handbag that I'd seen in a magazine just a couple weeks ago. He had a beard but still managed to look more feminine than an average boy ever could. He sent confident vibes all around him showing how comfortable he was with himself as he laughed at something the girl had said.

While checking out the new students I hadn't even noticed that there were only two free spots left in the room. One was in the front of the room, the other one beside me. The girl kissed the boy on the cheek before heading towards the usually empty seat next to me. I had no idea what to do. Should I say something? She would just think I'm weird if I'd start talking to her. Lastly I decided on just watching straight forward while she sat down right beside me. I must've looked like such a douche, not even smiling at her. That's why I was so surprised when she started talking to me.