Chapter 43

Scott's POV

"WHAT?" Kirstie yelled into the phone when I told her what had happened. "He really is a special kind of stupid what does he think he's doing?"

"He's gone on about 'protecting me' for at least a week now, it doesn't make sense that he would just" it physically hurt to say the next words "break up with me if protecting me really was his intention." I said, really hoping that I was right and that he hadn't meant the words that had made my world fall apart. That was until figured out what actually was going on. At least I thought I had found out what he was thinking but honestly I wasn't sure about anything anymore. But if there was even a slight chance that Mitch was in danger, I wouldn't hesitate a second to go after him. "Kirst, we're in a hurry. I think he might be headed somewhere to meet him. Do you have any idea where that could be?"

There was a silence on the other side of the line. Then she spoke up.

"If that's the case, I think I know where he is."

***

She drove faster than I had ever seen anyone drive. We moved through the city in great haste and the houses flickered by so quickly that it all turned into a blur. This better be the right place, I was afraid that the time was running out.

I looked out of the window again and felt tears on my cheeks. I was so worried and hoped with all my heart that he was okay. The view got even blurrier as the tears messed with my eyesight. I recognized the blurry feeling too well. There were so many feelings that in the end it was as if they'd all been bottled up and shaken aggressively. Everything was so complicated and messy.

I tried to reason with myself, to find the answer to why Mitch would do and say the things he did, but it was difficult. Even if I turned the whole situation around and viewed it form every single point of view I couldn't comprehend what was going on in his head. Why would he say those things? Couldn't he have trusted me enough to tell me what was happening and we could have gotten through this together.

Now I didn't even know what would happen with us if it turned out that he hadn't meant the things he said after all. I wasn't sure how quickly the trust would return. No point in worrying about that though, one thing at a time. First we had to get Mitch away from Richard. I wished this whole situation would just be over and Mitch and I would be fine and in safety.

"Scott!" Kirstie's worried voice interrupted my thoughts and her eyes flickered to find mine that were probably still teary. "I just got a text from Mitch, please read it out loud so that I can continue driving, were almost there." She looked distressed and I could clearly see that she was worried about what the text would have in it. I took her phone from the glove compartment of the car and opened the message.

To: Kween Kirstie [5:36 PM]

R's place, right now

Kirstie and I shared a look. Why had he gone there? What the hell was he trying to prove?

"Fuck." Kirstie cursed and pressed the gas pedal harder. I was a bit worried about the safety in this but happy we were moving even faster.

"When we arrive, you stay here and call the police, I'll go and find him." I told her as we turned to a smaller road.

"Scott... He wouldn't want you in danger. I should go."

"No way, I couldn't stay here anyway and we really do need to call the police. Besides, I don't care what he wants right now. It was his choice to come here in the first place so he'll just have to deal with it." I couldn't help but blame him a little bit for this mess. I shouldn't, but the only reason this had gotten so far was because he came here.