Chapter 5

Mitch's POV

I was done with the waiting. I seriously couldn't handle it. Ugh.

Today it was finally Thursday. Today I had music in second period. Today I could maybe eat lunch with the talent that had amazed Ms. Jones. Today.

Yeah, I was excited. I didn't even know why it was such a big deal for me, it just was. It wasn't even because I was lonely; I had plenty of friends in my old school that I'd caught up with this week. I guess I just wanted to sing with someone who had a great voice and hopefully to get to know an amazing person as well. I also wasn't very good at dealing with things that I couldn't make happen any faster. I'd tried to get answers from Ms. Jones but I had nothing.

2 hours.

This was getting ridiculous; I'm counting down hours. The worst part was that I'd stalked all of the students in music-class at least the basic information. I was curious. Kirstie had just laughed at me when I'd told her, getting serious only for a moment to warn me of getting up my hopes too much. She was sure that I wouldn't be completely satisfied however good this mystery person was. I should stop speculating and just distract myself with something. Oh right, I'm in school maybe I could just listen to what the teacher was saying and learn something.

Okay, those were the most boring minutes of my life. Who cared about a healthy and balanced diet when you had pizza and Starbucks? I started to go through Instagram and Twitter. It helped to keep me from thinking about a certain lesson until the bell rang and the only thought going through my mind was: 30 minutes.

This was one of the longer periods between classes so I met up with Kirstie. She'd been in music class and sounded excited as she talked about it.

"Ms. Jones is such a good teacher! Today we arranged songs in small groups and then performed them to the rest of the class. You will like the classes, I promise!"

It kind of did sound like a lot of fun. But it couldn't be more exciting than getting to know "the secret talent" as I'd started calling him or her in my mind. What really caught my attention was when Kirstie continued talking, about Scott this time.

"I talked to Scott again yesterday." this was all she said, practically begging me to ask more and so I did.

"Why didn't you tell me before? What did you talk about?" I was excited to know more about him, he was mysterious and I was curious.

"Calm down Mitch, I just wanted to see your reaction live! You're hilarious when you get that excited." she started giggling before continuing. "I sat by him in Biology and just tried to be nice to him. He is very shy though, and seemed surprised when I started talking to him. I didn't want to stress him out with lots of questions, so we mostly talked about the teacher, weather and he told me that his favorite subject in school is music while we talked."

"Well he sounds like he's a great guy. Did he say anything else?" I tried to hide my excitement a little, I had actually watched him whenever I had the chance. Him and his heavenly cheekbones.

"Only that he wished it was warmer. He clearly isn't used to people talking with him in school so it was mostly me who kept up the conversation."

"Well maybe I'll get my chance at talking to him myself today in class."

"Just don't get too enthusiastic, you have a chance to an A in music so just be nice to Ms. Jones."

"Sure babe! Let's catch up after the music lesson." I hugged her goodbye before almost running to the lesson.

I was finally able to walk alone in school. The students had gone back to their own school patterns and left me and Kirstie somewhat alone at least while moving from class to class. I was thankful for the peaceful walk only interrupted from my thoughts when people made room for me in the hallways and said hello, which was kind of nice I guess. It was calming to walk alone for a change though.