Chapter 25

Scott's POV

I was incredibly happy to go to Mitch's place again. We hadn't been that close for the last month now because Mitch had kept a small distance between us the whole time. There hadn't even been that much hugging and I had really missed the closeness during these weeks. I had felt a bit alone, not using that much of my free time with him. Even if I'd seen and hung out with him in school like normal, I felt lonely whenever I wasn't around him.

It had been a constant struggle not to start questioning Mitch about what exactly was happening with his relationships but I had kept myself from doing it. He obviously had it hard enough as it was. I couldn't even pretend that I knew what was going on or what had happened so I was understandably curious. Still I didn't want to make him uncomfortable. He could tell me when he was ready, I just hoped this "just friends" -thing was coming to its end. Judging by his flirting and the swimming trip, he had cleared his head at least a little bit.

I sat on Mitch's bed, waiting for him to exit the bathroom. He'd been there for a good 15 minutes now, and I could hear the blow-dryer in there and wondered if I should do something to my own flat hair. Did it matter if he saw me with my natural hair? He'd already seen it super-quickly when we had our first sleepover so it was probably fine. Still, the longer I waited I got more unsure and decided on a snapback just in case.

Otherwise I was just wearing my favorite pair of sweatpants and a tank top, feeling relaxed in between all the pillows on Mitch's king sized bed. What did he even do with such a big bed? My mind wandered for a moment before getting stuck somewhere that was not appropriate with him in the next room. I blushed slightly but more strongly felt a sting of jealousy thinking about all the things that could have happened in this bed. Being around Mitch and Kirstie seriously made my so much more dirty-minded than I normally was. Somehow every time I was around Mitch something sexual crossed my mind and there was no way for me to control it.

Speaking of the devil, Mitch opened the door bringing me back to reality. His hair was on point and completely dry but what surprised me was that he was wearing an onesie. I hadn't thought of him as the cuddly onesie guy but I was definitely happy about it if that was the case.

"You took your time."

"A queen needs to do her beauty rituals." Mitch stood in the doorway leaning against it slightly and looking incredibly cute.

I bowed down a bit, not quite managing to keep in my smile.

"Of course, Your Majesty."

Mitch giggled and walked to the bed, sitting down beside me.

"I've missed this." I told him when he'd sat down and turned to face me.

"What part of this?"

"Just chilling with you, and hugging you. You let me hug you properly at the pool for the first time in a while." It had really felt amazing, he had never directly told me not to hug him but the few hugs we'd had this month were stiff and short. It was nice to have him return the hug even if it had been a wet one.

There was a short silence before he answered as well.

"I've missed this too you know." He turned his face away for a second before meeting my eyes again, smiling.

"I actually have some really good news about this whole situation we've had going on this month."

"Yeah?" I felt hopeful, he really had been happy today, and oddly flirty as well.

"Richard is locked away in a heavily guarded prison for many years ahead. I'm safe, we're actually both safe." Mitch's eyes shone and I could see the hope and happiness in his chocolate colored eyes. It took a while for me to process what he'd just said but when it sank in I felt a light feeling spread through my whole body and a wide smile appearing on my face. It seemed like the whole situation was over now and that we could... do what exactly? Would it go back to how it was before? Or something more?