Chapter 26

Scott's POV

I woke up to the sun shining on my face through the window. It took me a moment to locate myself but I soon realized where I was, and with who I was. The unusually warm feeling I had made me let my eyes wander away from the window.

During the night Mitch had turned around so that we weren't facing each other anymore. Instead I had moved a lot closer to him. My chest was tightly pressed against his back and my hand was laying over him. The other one had mysteriously been placed under Mitch's body and he was hugging it as he slept. Our feet were tangled into a mess that could only be solved when both of us were conscious. I had ditched my own blanket and we were both laying under his. How had we even managed to do this in our sleep?

It was impossible to move away without waking him up so I stayed there, laying still and enjoying the sun caressing my face.

Mitch was not easily disturbed, even when I moved a little bit every now and then, he would continue sleeping like normal. By now I had lifted myself up a bit, placing a pile of pillows under my head to be able to see a bit more of Mitch than just the back of his head. After all there wasn't really that much anything else to stare at than him. My hand had slid under his neck as I had moved but he still kept a tight grip of it. He wore a smile in his sleep and at that moment he even let out a cute almost laugh -like sound. Adorable.

I had no idea what time it was but obviously we had slept late since there was a quiet knock on the door. My calmness was disturbed by the sudden panic that someone would enter the room and catch us sleeping like this. There was nothing I could do though, seeing as the door had already opened and a sleepy Victoria had entered the room and walked all the way to where I could properly see her.

Her eyes widened when she took in the scene in front of there and in that moment I was very thankful that I had placed my clothes from yesterday in a neat pile on one of the chairs. God knows what assumptions she would have made if the pieces of my clothes would have been as a mess on the floor.

"Good morning Scotty." She whispered and continued: "Don't you look comfortable."

"Can't deny that Vic." I smiled at her and glanced at Mitch to see if he was still sleeping. He was, calm and even breaths were escaping his mouth as he remained still in my arms. Definitely a heavy sleeper.

"You two are too adorable, I need to go before I start squealing out loud." Vic must still be half asleep, there had been no comments on sex or anything like that. She moved to the edge of the bed and softly ran her hand through Mitch's hair, pushing it to one side before looking up at me.

"Please don't hurt him, he's been through enough as it is." Her voice was still quiet but also worried and a bit sad.

"I won't, promise." It felt like the worst thing I could do in this world was to hurt this delicate little man in my arms, so I had no problem promising it to Vic. Still after the words left my mouth it felt like this was a promise I couldn't break also for her sake. Her worried expression had calmed to a peaceful one when she heard my words and to my surprise she patted my head carefully as well.

"I believe you Scott." She moved away from the bed and from the door I still could hear her say in a low voice: "But don't you think the teasing is over yet, the sassy side of me is coming for you. I just had a weak moment seeing you two like that."

I smiled at her words and she closed the door, leaving us alone in the room again.

That had been a new side to Vic that I hadn't even known existed before this conversation. She really loved Mitch a lot and wanted what was best for him. Their relationship was as cute as it could be and I was suddenly very thankful that Mitch had a sister like Vic. It must have helped him a lot when he was struggling with all kinds of drama.