Chapter 17

Scott's POV

I woke up feeling refreshed and remembering how tired I'd been yesterday evening. I had a distant memory of muttering something with Mitch but I guessed I'd fallen asleep in the middle of it because I couldn't remember much anything else after laying down.

First I checked my phone because I knew mom liked to go for a run in the morning and she usually messaged me if she was going. Like expected there was a message from her wishing me a good morning and telling that she indeed had gone for a run.

Mitch was still asleep next to me, looking very peaceful in his sleep. He was so... I guess beautiful was the only word fitting to describe him. This was the perfect opportunity to just stare at him without being called out on it and I was not going to let it pass.

Mitch moved in his sleep after a while and only half a minute later he made a muffled sound and opened his eyes for a second.

"Are you staring at me?" His morning voice was lower than usual and very raspy. In that moment I just wanted to hug him but that would probably have scared him since he was still half asleep.

"You look so peaceful, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"You don't need to apologize for looking at me to be honest I like it." He kept his eyes closed but stretched his hands and made incredibly cute kitten-like sound. I almost awwed out loud at his morning stretches.

"I hope I didn't fall asleep while we talked, I was just very tired so did I miss something?"

"Nothing important I guess."

"You guess?"

"Hmm... yeah." He finally opened his eyes and looked at me. "What time is it? Breakfast time maybe?"

"Sure, let's say breakfast time." I got up and noticed that I'd luckily been awake enough last night to put on my pajamas. It would had led to a very awkward situation if I would be naked right now. I hoped Mitch didn't mind me keeping on my pajamas because I really didn't have the energy to change.

I noticed that he was also wearing a t-shirt and loose pants as he sleepily reached to his bag and grabbed a pair of glasses.

"You have glasses?"

"Yup, but I usually wear contacts, I hope it doesn't bother you that I'll go with glasses today?"

"Of course not, I'm curious, put them on!"

He did, and looked amazing. It was a different kind of look than when he didn't have them on. Now he looked more adorable than sexy, but I loved this look on him. It represented a bit more the super caring and cute side of him that I'd seen a couple times rather than the popular and sassy Mitch I'd gotten to know at first.

"You look amazing! Those frames really look good on you."

"Thank you Scottie, that means a lot coming from you." He smiled.

Right at that moment I heard his stomach growl loudly and chuckled at the sound.

"Hungry?"

"Always. Let's go get breakfast."

When we reached the kitchen I got a fantastic idea.

"Pancakes?"

"Definitely, I'll help you with them!" Mitch seemed excited to cook so we got to work.

I placed all the ingredients on the kitchen table and we started to prepare the dough. It was messier than expected, the flour got everywhere as we tried to filter it and I even accidentally dropped an egg in front of the freezer. When it happened Mitch just laughed at me.