Chapter 38

Scott's POV

*Two weeks later*

Mitch's and my relationship had gotten more mature. We were more open about how we felt and overall just had learned to understand better what the other one was thinking or feeling. It also helped that we knew more about both the present and past of each other.

He was one of the only persons in my life that I would trust with my life. And that did tell a lot about our relationship. They say a good relationship is built on trust and Mitch had every single piece of it. He would never cheat on me nor do anything to hurt me, I knew it and therefore it just seemed more and more like we were meant to be together our whole lives. Subconsciously I really just hoped I hadn't misplaced my trust, everyone had doubts in some low moments.

The feelings we had for each other weren't the only things that had gotten more mature. Our ways of showing affection had also grown stronger and well... more sexual.

Not a single day passed by when we didn't end up making out somewhere. By this point we'd both seen each other shirtless but had never crossed the line of actually doing anything more than kissing although I knew both of us had thought about it. Somehow something had always came up when things got that heated.

Nevertheless we were closer than ever, celebrating our two month anniversary today. I had planned a date for us, being in contact with Vic about the planning. We would have their house to ourselves tonight, Mitch's parents were staying the night by some friends and Vic was sleeping over by her friend as well.

"Alright Mom, I'll go now!" I grabbed the keys from the table and opened the front door to leave. I stopped in the middle of leaving when I heard her rush here from the kitchen. She smiled at me from the doorway and called out to me:

"Have fun! Oh and be safe if you know what I mean." A cheeky smile plastered onto her face and I could feel the blood rushing up to my face.

"Mom! It's not like that... I think." I said but after seeing her face I realized that I had in no way made the situation better. Her face shone with cheekiness and excitement. She really needed another hobby, her free-time activities consisted mostly of keeping track of how my relationship was going.

"You are going to have an amazing night, I'm sure." She smirked uncharacteristically and I rolled my eyes.

"Stop that, nothing is certain."

"Yeah yeah, tell Mitch I said hi and just get going already, you're not supposed to spend this evening talking with me." She said with laughter in her eyes and I nodded. What she said was true, I still had lots of things to do before Mitch came home.

"Alright, I'll call you or then just come home tomorrow sometime during the afternoon."

"Bring Mitch with you if you two are feeling extra clingy after the night!"

"We'll see."

I closed the door with a slight attitude, knowing that she would understand that I wasn't actually upset with her. Despite the half-awkward exchange of words a smile was plastered onto my face when I counted the minutes until I'd see Mitch again. We had parted a few hours ago but I already managed to miss him. It was as if he was a part of me and I felt lonely whenever I wasn't with him. As if he was my other half, I felt lonely without him.

***

The kitchen was still quite messy but otherwise everything was done. Vic had fixed ingredients for me and also given the chef a free evening, letting me take over the kitchen. She popped up to see what I was doing every now and then, also offering to taste all the stuff I had done for dinner. I didn't mind her company though, she was refreshing to talk to.