Chapter 2

Mitch's POV

I couldn't believe they'd let me change school. Actually I take that back. Father had also changed school in his senior year so I think he actually was secretly proud of me for it. Whatever the reason was, I was glad they'd let me do it so easily. I hadn't really told them my real reason, just the crap about popularity and getting to know different people.

Luckily I'd talked my best friend Kirstin into transferring with me. She was the best. I told her everything and always got the best advice from her. Our friendship had been confusing when I was still unsure about whether I preferred girls or boys, but now that I was openly gay we were best friends like it always was supposed to be. She'd helped me through last year's drama just like I had been there when she broke up with her ex-boyfriend.

Two hot single pringles going to community school. What was I getting myself into?

My thoughts were abruptly cut off when my phone started ringing. I answered cheerfully after I'd recognized the number I knew by heart.

"Hi Kirstie what's up?"

"Oh nothing special just having a minor heart attack thinking about tomorrow." She answered with a sarcastic tone. I loved to have someone that understood and used sarcasm as much as I did.

"Don't worry, they're going to love us, I mean who wouldn't!" I sounded so sure when I said it even though I was stressing out too.

"Sure?"

"Positive. Wait why are you calling me? Isn't calling like sooo old fashioned? What happened to texts?" My high voice came out even sassier than usual. Sass was like my second language, it came to me naturally.

"Shut up Mitchy! I'm so nervous, I just wanted to hear your voice."

"Aww babe!" I exclaimed into the phone. "Then you won't mind if I put you on speaker, right?"

My new phone was on speaker even before she answered and I started pacing around the room searching for stuff I'd take with me tomorrow. There was plenty of room in the fashionable design bag lying on my floor so I ended up taking with me everything I could imagine needing for school, never ending the phone call with Kirstie.

After three hours of talking, gossiping and giggling I finally ended the call to go and say goodnight to my family. I ran down the stairs of our mansion and straight to mother and father who were watching TV in the living room.

"Hello Mitchell, are you nervous about the new school?" Mom asked politely. She only used my full name when there was housekeeping or cooks around so I looked around and saw one of our housekeepers cleaning the table after dinner.

"Just a little bit, Mother." The same applied to me. I learned already as a small kid that I was supposed to refer to her as mother when there was someone outside family around. Seeing as that was almost all the time, I had started calling her mother even in my head most of the time. One of the few downsides with having rich parents, I guess.

"You're going to do great." She reassured me and I could see the warmth in her eyes as she looked at me. I felt happy just looking at her and father all cuddled up in our sofa. They really were the perfect couple.

I quickly hugged them both and wished them sweet dreams before heading to my sister's room. She was already in her bed reading a book I'd lent her last week.

"Do you like the book?" I asked her, letting her know I was there and then moving to sit on her bed.

"Sure I do!" she answered cheekily. She looked a lot like our mother. With her long brown hair, green eyes and graceful features she was a real beauty queen. We were and had always been really close and I loved hanging out with her even though she was a couple years younger than me.

"That's good, I was hoping you would. I'm going to leave you to your reading now, I was just stopping by to say goodnight." I hugged her before starting to stand up. She stopped me by my shirt before I had the time to stand up properly so I fell back on her bed. She was giggling when I looked back at her wondering what she had on her mind.

"Pinky promise you'll tell me everything about your first day tomorrow after school." She said in a baby-voice.

"Sure I will!" I mimicked her tone from earlier and gave her my pinky finger. She hugged me one more time before I stood up and left the room while blowing her kisses. She pretended to catch a couple of them and put her hand to her cheek. Cutie.

I was finally ready for bed after half an hour of bathroom time. While lying awake in my bed with the silk-bedding lightly lying on my skin I wondered if I would meet anyone even slightly interesting tomorrow. Of course everyone would try to get Kirstie's and my attention since we would probably be known as "the rich kids" for a while before everyone got over it.

I worried if people would have a problem with my sexuality. I mean there was already a couple homophobes hating me in my old school so this could definitely be a lot worse. Luckily Kirstie was there with me. The last thing I remembered thinking before falling asleep was hopes that we would blend with the others without too much trouble.

Author's Note:

Hello beautiful human beings! another update since I feel like writing and wanted to do a Mitch's POV. I hope y'all like it! :) feel free to point out spelling mistakes or something. Votes and comments are appreciated!

xx N