Chapter 28

*Time-skip to Monday*

Mitch's POV

Keeping everything that happened on Saturday a secret proved to be a pain in the ass. First I had to go through an interrogation held by Vic when I arrived home. When I acted annoyed by her questions she instantly assumed that I had messed up somehow. I left her in that belief and just watched Netflix in my room for the whole Sunday, thinking a lot about in which direction I wanted Scott's and my relationship to develop instead of going through heartbreak like she thought. I felt bad but wanted Scott to give it a green light before telling her.

I knew that Kirstie was dying to ask me about everything as well. She hadn't fully believed my downplayed texts about how the sleepover had went, I could tell by the looks she was shooting me right now.

We were in class, doing individual work in Physics. I had arrived a couple minutes late so Kirstie hadn't gotten the chance to talk to me yet. I tried to focus on writing answers to questions and actually managed to get something done. It helped avoiding Kirstie's not-so-subtle glances.

When the bell rang Kirstie came to my desk to wait for me to gather up my stuff.

"Good morning babe." I greeted her where she stood, looking a bit lost in thought but still keeping her eyes on me.

"Hi, do you have everything already?" My bag was indeed packed so I nodded, motioning for her to exit the classroom first. I was waiting for her to get to the point as we walked towards the next class in silence.

"I know you're going to ask, but Scott and I are just friends." I felt a bit uncomfortable holding the truth from her like that but in theory, I wasn't lying. Scott and I hadn't made anything official even just between the two of us. We just happened to be friends that had made out a couple times this weekend.

"Whatever you say." She smiled, still not certain of my words but being the amazing friend she is, she let it be.

We continued chatting about what we'd been doing yesterday and deciding on a date for out monthly movie marathon. This weekend we would watch all the Disney movies we had time to get before that, probably staying up the whole night giggling.

The corridors of the school were as crowded as ever, people rushing in every direction. When I had transferred here I had first thought that this was going to be a disaster. That I wouldn't be able to take the mass of people trying to befriend my money. But now, despite the few assholes that had crossed my way, I actually found myself liking the diversity in the school. It was refreshing to see so many groups of people hanging out instead of just the rich and spoiled kids that went to the private school. Meeting Scott had also gotten me to open my eyes a bit. Now that I thought back to the Mitch that threw tantrums because he didn't get the newest iPhone on the first weekend I was almost embarrassed.

"What are you thinking about Mitchy?" Kirstie asked as we stopped in front of the Biology classroom

"Transferring. Weird enough, but I quite like it here."

"I have to agree with you on that. There are surprisingly many great people here, and we have made good friends." She smiled and elbowed me playfully in the stomach. "Like our friend Scotty, right?"

"Yeah." I mumbled, not quite meeting her eyes but still smiling at her. Speaking of the devil, Scott appeared in front of us with a big smile on his face.

"Hi!" He went for a double hug, squeezing both of us into a hug with both of his arms.

"Morning, we were just waiting for you." Kirstie said, as Scott released us. His smile reached his eyes and it made me feel happier instantly. He brought an excellent mood to our trio and I found myself actually not dreading the class that much anymore even if the teacher really didn't like me at all. At least I sat next to Scott in this class and I couldn't help but to look forward to just being near him even if I couldn't cuddle with him. That'd definitely raise suspicion.