Chapter 51

A/N i'm finally back to writing yay! i'm so sorry it took so long... also if you're wondering why there's an a/n here i just wanted to not apologize afterwards plus give you a little heads up that things get a bit... you could say hot i guess... at the end of the chapter. i hope it's not utter rubbish and please don't tell anyone i know in real life that i actually just wrote this... enough about that, enjoy!

Scott's POV

The cute Italian restaurant was really the perfect place for our first date after everything that happened. It was small and felt romantic with the dimmed lights and tables so far away from each other that it didn't feel crowded even though every seat in sight was taken. And the garden was amazing, an already green area with flowers and a small pavilion made of glass in the middle of it.

A waitress had led us to a table in the back of the hall and we were seated across from each other by the small circular table. This was great, because now I could look at Mitch all the time and it couldn't be seen as creepy since he was right in front of me. I honestly did not know how he did it. You'd think that I'd be used to his beauty after eight months but no, somehow he still managed to catch me off guard looking like this. He was wearing a white T-shirt and on top of that a black leatherjacket. The skinny jeans fit him perfectly and to top the whole look he wore silvery boots. It was simple, and yet he looked incredibly good.

"Do you like the place? I've always thought it's really cute." Mitch picked up conversation and I smiled at him as I answered.

"I adore it! It's so cozy."

"And kind of romantic." Mitch added with something that resembled a smirk. But he went on before I had time to comment on it. "Janice seemed happy to see me?" He made it sound like a question as if that had come as a slight surprise to him. "I was worried that she might be upset with me after all that happened..."

It made sense that he would think that. But Mom wasn't really the type to hold anything against people. And I had forgiven Mitch so she would never make it even more difficult for us to make up with being upset about our drama herself. And she had been slightly suspicious about the whole "cheating" thing ever since it happened and kept insisting that I should listen to the whole story instead of shutting Mitch out. And, as mothers usually are, she was right.

"She really was happy to see you, and no she isn't upset at all. I mean, I've forgiven you and know it was mostly just a huge misunderstanding and I told her that. She believed instantly, she really likes you and can obviously see how happy you make me." I blushed slightly after having confessed the last part, but it was true. And it's not like the same doesn't apply for Mitch.

"I'm happy to hear that. It makes things easier that she's not pissed at me." He smiled, looking actually relieved that he didn't have to deal with difficult family members. I was thankful about that too.

Our waitress interrupted the conversation by coming to our table and asking if we'd decided about the drinks. We both ordered some soda and she handed us our menus so that she could get our other orders soon too. Then she left us by ourselves. We eyed the menus for a while before I struck up conversation again.

"How's Vic doing?" I asked Mitch, genuinely interested in how his sister was doing.

"She's all right. Doesn't stop talking about you, but otherwise good." Mitch smiled and lifted his hand up to lay between us on the table. I wonder if he meant that as a hint for me to take a hold of it...

"Really? What does she say about me?" I decided against taking his hand, but lifted my own up on the table near his. He eyed my hand but didn't do anything.

"Well she wants you to come and visit. Keeps saying that I'm more fun when you're around." He rolled his eyes and I chuckled.

"I guess I should come there more often then."