Chapter 53

Scott's POV

*Day before graduation*

We walked through the familiar corridors for the last time as students at the school. Everyone who was still here was going through the same thing: emptying their lockers and saying goodbye to the school. It felt weird and somehow so final that it scared me a little bit. This has been a place of so many memories, both good and bad.

I never would've guessed that I'd say this, but I would miss this place. After this year, there was so much worth missing too. The music classes that had given me so much, and the laughing and conversations we'd had with Mitch and Kirstie during other lessons.

Luckily I wouldn't lose them, not how it looked like now anyways. Mitch had come up with a great idea for how we could try to earn some money during the summer and none of us had protested when he'd suggested it. He'd found some kind of a cappella contest that offered a great amount of money if you won. And so far, we'd been doing pretty great with our little group, so we all were ready to take the chance. And after that, we didn't know yet. Depending on how we did, Mitch and I would either find a place in LA or live another year here, saving money for an apartment. Only time would tell, but both possibilities meant that we were staying together.

"Scotty!" Mitch's arms sneaked around my waist from behind and he rested his head on my shoulder. It felt nice, and I was really happy we'd gotten past the time when we were careful at school with how close we could be. I hated keeping myself from showing affection to Mitch just because there were some idiots at school that were conservative. But as said, we'd gotten past that and they'd stopped caring-

"Hi babe." I turned my head slightly towards him while he nuzzled his head into my neck. The adorable gesture made me want to kiss him right here right now but I knew he had something to tell me since we'd already agreed earlier to just meet each other by Kirstie's car.

"Let's go see the music class one last time. For all the good memories?" Mitch said like I had predicted and I barely made out what he was talking about seeing as he at the same time still had his head buried into my neck. He started kissing it teasingly and I felt a smile creep onto my face. Of course we'd go and take one last look at the room where everything had begun.

I laid my hand over Mitch's and slowly took it off my stomach before intertwining our hands properly.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." I told him and he smiled up at me, letting our hands swing between us in a comfortable and relaxed way as we walked.

"Although I'm really happy high school is finally over, I'm going to miss this place." Mitch started conversation on the way. I looked at him and could see the mixed feelings on his face. I imagined my own was probably mirroring his feelings because that was how I felt too. It was all weird and I didn't know what to think about it.

"Me too," I sighed "so much is changing after this and it feels weird."

"But maybe it's changing for the better, who knows?" He was absolutely right about that. The future might hold great things for the both of us.

"You're right, as usual." I agreed with him and opened the door to the classroom where we always rehearsed together. So many memories came to me by just looking at it and I couldn't believe this was the last time we'd come here.

Mitch released my hand and walked to the piano, softly brushing his finger against the little bit of dust on the instrument. I looked after him for a while, remembering all the times we'd done this before and how much we'd learned about each other in here.

I followed him over there after a little while and he met my eyes, looking over his shoulder.

"Remember when we first rehearsed here? You didn't even look me straight in the eyes." Mitch noted with a smile and the memory came vividly back to me. Gosh, I had been so nervous.