Chapter 24

Mitch's POV

*Time skip to a month later*

After a whole month of struggling, I finally had it all sorted out. Richard was locked up and had been for three weeks now. But when I'd heard about him being caught again I had not gone running to Scott right away. I had spent the last few weeks making sure that there was no way Rick was getting out anytime soon and that I was 100% certain that I wanted to put Scott in the risk of getting hurt. Now, after yesterday having heard that there had been found more evidence against Rick to keep him locked up for a very long time, I was finally sure that I could get closer with Scott. It also helped to know that Rick was in a special cell, so there was no danger about him breaking out.

My happy mood was therefore well deserved and I was still smiling about the good news when arriving to school. It was Friday and our schedules had been changed up so that I today would be enjoying a full day spent with either Kirstie or Scott. Starting off with English where I'd meet both of them.

I had a generally good feeling about today.

"Heyyy what's up?" I jogged the last bit to Kirstie and Scott who were waiting for me outside the classroom. They looked surprised with my energy, I had been a bit less excited and energetic than normal during the last month for obvious reasons.

"I'm fine and you seem to be happy as well. Anything special happened?" Kirstie hugged me quickly as a greeting and smiled widely when I quickly kissed her cheek.

"It's a good day." I wanted to tell Scott about the good news after school when he was coming over. I would text Kirstie or something but until that this reply was all they got.

"It's nice to see you so happy." Scott smiled at me as well and I didn't even try to resist the urge to hug him hello. He seemed a bit surprised but accepted the hug happily.

The bell rang and we all walked into the classroom, occupying the three-seat desk at the end of the classroom. I was sitting in the middle of my two best friends so this was definitely not going to be a grade-lifting lesson. Not that my grades needed to get any better, I was one of the top students thanks to my good memory.

I had had a hard time keeping my hands off Scott for the past month. He was always with me and a couple times I had been really close to just finally kiss him. The only thing that had kept me from doing it was the fear of what that could lead to. But now I was free from the worry about that and could finally focus on this relationship. I looked over at Scott taking notes next to me and hoped that he still wanted to give this a try. He had said he would wait for me, today I'd know if he had hold onto that promise.

***

"What do you have planned for today? You only said you wanted to meet up in your text." I had indeed sent Scott a text yesterday, asking if he wanted to come over after school. We hadn't hung out just the two of us in a while, we'd mostly been practicing with all five of us. We'd recorded our first YouTube cover and now were thinking about a name for this a cappella thing we had going on.

"I miss hanging out with you, we've been practicing so much lately... I was about to ask you if you want to sleep over as well since the weekend is coming and we're meeting at Kirstie's tomorrow anyways."

"Of course I'd like to sleep over! Do you want to come by my place and then we can go to you together?" I smiled, so far things were going as planned.

"Perfect. Let's do that!"

The last lesson ended quickly and Kirstie met us by my locker, telling us that she was going on her dancing lesson and would text us later. We said our goodbyes and left in different directions, Scott and I towards my car and Kirstie towards her own locker.