Chapter 18

Mitch's POV

Another warning about some homophobia, but it only touches the subject slightly.

*Monday morning*

Kirstie was overly excited when we told her about Scott's idea. She was jumping around the classroom and squeaking of excitement.

"I told you we should have waited until lunch." I said to Scott over Kirstie's shoulder after she'd thrown her arms around me.

"I realize my mistake now." Scott laughed at the annoyed look our teacher was giving us.

"Stop talking like I'm not right here! I'm just excited, this is going to be awesome!" Kirstie exclaimed before hugging Scott. After that she continued: "When can we tell the others?"

"At lunch maybe? Then we'd also have time to arrange a meet-up."

Scott's proposition made sense so we agreed to that. Unfortunately we were rudely interrupted by the teacher when I said something particularly loud.

"Mr. Grassi! I will not tolerate this kind of behavior in my class." She looked pretty angry, but I was not in the mood to be a good boy.

"Oops?" The class laughed at my innocent answer. I had once again caught the attention of the whole classroom and I did not mind at all.

"Think about all the other students that want to learn something and not listen to your never-ending babbling!" The teacher didn't seem to understand that she would only make things worse if she continued to call me out on stuff.

"If they have a problem with me they can tell me about it themselves. But I doubt anyone is actually bothered by my beautiful voice filling the classroom."

The teacher sighed out loud before turning around and making her way back to her desk. She continued the lesson without another word to me and I was completely fine with it.

"How do you do that and still get good grades?" Scott whispered to me.

"I'm pretty smart you know, and I do well in the tests so they don't really have another choice."

Scott chuckled at my response and continued taking notes on the lesson. I got bored after only a couple of minutes of trying to actually pay attention to what we were doing, so I took out my phone and started scrolling through Tumblr. My dashboard was a mess, as it always had been. It was filled with YouTube stuff, cute animals, gay porn, LGBTQ rights, Beyoncé and more things like that. Tumblr was my place to just reblog anything I found even slightly interesting of funny since I'd told no one that I actually knew about it. And I definitely wanted it to stay that way.

During the last few weeks there had been so much on my mind that I hadn't had any time to actually spend time on social media. My mind had been occupied by lots of things. The bullies were a problem, reoccurring nightmares haunted my sleep and coming out seemed to be harder than I would ever have though. But most of all I thought about Scott.

It was like my mind ran in circles and always when I thought about something it seemed to somehow lead back to Scott. This crush was starting to get out of hand. And Scott was doing nothing to stop it like the guys before him had done. None of the usual "I'm straight" or "I'm taken". No, it was more like he was encouraging me to fall in love with him with his puppy-eyes and hugs. Not to forget about the kiss on my forehead.

I shuddered at the memory, feeling shivers running through my whole body and earning a questioning look from both Scott and Kirstie. I just shook my head as an answer and continued analyzing my situation.

Scott was literally the perfect guy. Smart, kind and good-looking. What else could you ask for?

The only problem was that I probably should come out to him. And he to me because after this weekend it's pretty hard to think that he's straight. There was still the chance of that as well though, so I didn't want to make anything rushed. To my defense I had tried to come out. It didn't work out but at least I had said the words so it would probably be easier now. At least I hoped so.