Chapter 34

Mitch's POV

Trigger warning: abuse in a relationship, a bit of sexual harassment & panic attacks

So apparently I was neglecting my friends now. Well what can I say, I was pretty caught up in my happy little bubble with Scott. But after Kirstie called me two days before New Year, teasingly accusing me of forgetting all about her I actually took the time and thought about my other friends.

She really had a hint of truth in her words, I hadn't hung out with anyone but her and Scott ever since the party we'd been to last. But lucky for me, there was another one for the New Years. Now I just needed Scott to come with me. I knew that didn't quite support the idea of seeing my other friends but it wasn't like I would go anywhere without at least asking Scott. Preferably with him by my side so that I could finally introduce him as my boyfriend to everyone. Also as Kirstie told me where the party was being held I only wanted Scott to come with us more. There were some really bad memories in there and I wasn't sure how I would handle it.

But the party still wasn't something that occupied my mind on a regular basis so I casually forgot to mention it to Scott before today, New Year's Eve. So I called him on my way home to start getting ready, only a few hours before that party officially begun.

"Hey queen, I was just about to call you! You'll never guess who I'm meeting today!" Although his excited voice made me happy, my heart sunk when I realized he obviously wouldn't be able to make it to the party. But I wasn't about to let it show, he was clearly in a very good mood.

"Hey Scotty! You sound excited, who are you meeting?"

"Mom's boyfriend! I didn't even know about him until today but we're visiting him tonight and celebrating together." He said and I did feel the disappointment in my stomach at the thought of spending tonight apart. Not only would I miss him but I had doubts about tonight since last year had been so awful. I really just wanted next year to start off better. But I pushed these thoughts to the back off my head, really not being in the mood to start dwelling on the past again, I had been doing so well when being happily together with Scott.

"Sounds nice! And you aren't upset she's dating again?"

"Of course not, I've been trying to get her to go out for as long as I can remember, Dad was a jerk and she shouldn't waste any time being heartbroken about him."

"I'm happy that you're taking it well." I really was, many didn't take it that well and that would've been okay too. As long as he and Janice were happy.

"Yeah, we're just getting ready to leave but did you have something to talk about?"

"Oh I can just text you later if you're in a hurry."

"I always have time to listen to you Mitchy, so what's up?" He said sweetly and I smiled, thinking how lucky I was to have him.

"Oh I just got this invite to a party and was going to ask you to join me but I think I'll just go with Kirstie since you're busy." Ugh I was making myself sound like a martyr. I didn't want him to feel guilty for not being able to be by my side all the time.

"Babe I would have loved to come with you. I'm sorry." Oh no he was sounding sad, I wasn't supposed to make him sad.

"No, no it's completely fine, don't feel guilty. I need to be able to go one evening without you. I'll just go say hi and hang out for a bit and then I can see you tomorrow?" I was a needy little boy, and that was how I sounded too. Luckily Scott loved how clingy I sometimes became although many would be very annoyed with me.

"Alright then, but text me during the night and be safe."

"I will. I love you Scotty."

"Love you too." He closed the phone and I took down the phone from my ear with a sigh. I guess I would indeed be going alone, and it scared me more than it should have. I was feeling anxious about going back to that place, but I couldn't count on Scott always being there. I had to be able to do stuff alone as well. I hated being helpless, it was a feeling I'd felt too many times in my life already. And with that thought I started getting ready to leave.