Chapter 32

Scott's POV

*Christmas Eve*

My biggest worry at the moment was clothes. Sounds silly, I know, but every other worry I had was pushed aside so that I could focus on the matter at hand. I had four hours to get ready but what do you wear to your boyfriend's family's Christmas dinner where you're also are coming out as a couple? I needed some counselling on this and who was better to talk to than the one and only Kirstin Maldonado.

"Hey Scotty what's up?" She answered the phone in a light tone, telling that she was in a good mood. Well everyone should be, I mean it was Christmas Eve after all.

"Hi Kirstie, I'm just getting ready for the dinner at Mitch's and I hoped you could help?" I formed the statement as a question, making it clear that I was asking if it was okay and not just assuming she had nothing better to do. I was pretty close with her, but we didn't spend hours on the phone and hang out just the two of us like I knew she did with Mitch. But she was the sweetest girl I had ever met and you simply couldn't help but like her a lot.

"Of course, I'd love to help you! So you're wondering about clothes or?" She was of course in on the plan, having had a sleepover with Mitch just a few days ago and now that she knew about us, we really wanted to keep her on track with what was going on. She obsessed over us as a couple a lot and we both found it terribly endearing.

"Yeah, that's pretty much my biggest problem, I'm not sure how fancy I should go with. I really don't want to overdress."

"And you shouldn't either, that's never nice. I've once spent my Christmas at the Grassi's and I'm not going to lie, it is pretty fancy. You should dress well, but not overkill with a tuxedo or something. Although I'm pretty sure Mitchy would love to see you in a tux." She teased me over the phone and I scoffed at her comment. My mind was somewhere else though, I was imagining walking in, wearing a suit and seeing Mitch's eyes rake over my body, his eyes darkening and -

"Are you still there?" Kirstie's wondering voice brought me back from my imagination and I blushed slightly although no one was here to see it.

"Yeah, sorry I just got caught up in looking at my choices." My voice was a bit shaky and Kirstie could easily have called me out on it, but luckily she didn't. That made me wonder if maybe it had only been noticeable to me. But then again Mitch never failed to notice if my thoughts wandered in that direction, immediately making some twisted sex joke or poking me teasingly in the stomach. Well he probably was just trying to make everything sexual to tease me since that was definitely something he loved to do. Luckily I loved it as well, even when I pretended I didn't.

Mitch's sex jokes really had me wondering though... Was he expecting me to make some sort of move in that direction or was it way too early? Or what was even going on with that? I had no idea, being so new to relationships anyway. But he knew that I was in no way experienced so maybe I'd just let him lead the way. After all I was pretty sure he had more experience, had to have actually since he seemed to be very in on the subject. On my part I was just nervous about it and also scared that I'd mess up horribly or something.

"Well you could always ask your boyfriend what he's wearing if you're feeling anxious about it. In that way you'd get a better picture about the style of that dinner." Kirstie suggested next, almost making me hit myself in the face. Of course! Why hadn't I realized that sooner? Maybe it was the stress about the whole evening that made me absentminded. Luckily the present for Mitch was all ready and I didn't really have to worry about that. Everything else was ready except for me.

"Kirstie you are a genius I can't believe that didn't cross my mind. Well in that case I'll call him now so I have time to get ready, thank you princess."