Chapter 33

Scott's POV

Mitch and I were left alone in his room when Vic closed the door. I was suddenly very aware of myself, knowing that we were alone and really not wanting to mess up anything by accident. I just hoped I had gotten so much more comfortable around him that it wouldn't become awkward. Even if Vic's presents probably would be something R-rated. Mitch's thoughts seemed to be on the same track as mine since he suggested we'd wait with Vic's presents.

"I'm not sure if it's late enough to open Vic's presents, I'm actually slightly scared of what we'll find in them." He laughed but I was pretty sure he meant what he said, and I agreed wholeheartedly. I had a feeling out present swapping would be a bit more sincere and emotional than opening the small packages on Mitch's bedside table.

"Me too if I'm being honest. Let's just go exchange our presents first." I shifted towards the bag in the corner of the room and Mitch nodded in answer.

"You can go first if you prefer."

"Alright." I said with a slightly nervous voice as I stood up properly and went to get the bag. After a second of hesitation I just grabbed the whole thing and made my way back to Mitch. He sat on the bed with his legs crossed, looking up at me curiously as I opened the bag.

"You forbid me to use any money on this so I haven't, I just hope you'll like it any way." I said, while still fighting with the knots I'd made to make sure he wouldn't see it before now.

"I'm pretty sure I will. And if not you can always just kiss me. That would definitely be enough of a gift to me." He said with a cheeky glint in the corner of his eye. I rolled my eyes, being at ease now that the atmosphere had become more relaxed and chill.

"We'll see about that." I had finally figured out the knots and was ready to take the guitar out of the bag.

"Okay so, I wanted to give you something that you would always have to remind you of our times together. I have no plans of leaving you, you are way too important to me but if fate goes against us I hope you'll remember me and remember us whenever you look at this." I brought out the old but beautiful guitar from the bag. It was indeed old but had a very pretty sound and was actually my first proper investment I'd made by myself. "But this would just sound like a goodbye if it didn't have something else to it and that's the opposite of what I want it to be. I want as much time with you as possible and that's why there's a second part to this gift. This guitar has a beautiful sound and is not meant to be just a decoration. So I'm also teaching you to play it which means we'll always, at least until you learn to play perfectly, meet up for at least an hour per week to rehearse." I finished the sentence and let myself take in Mitch's reaction. His eyes were shining and wide open, the surprise clear on his face. I had managed to surprise him and I was glad he hadn't figured it out before. He rose from the bed and placed his hands on each side of my face before kissing me sweetly. He then just fell into hugging me tightly and I could hardly speak through my smile.

"So you didn't like it at all then, since you needed to get the kiss instead." I teased him and he laughed into my shoulder.

"The exact opposite babe. This is literally the sweetest and most thoughtful gift I've ever gotten. I love it, thank you." He said in my ear and really did sound genuine. It made me unbelievably happy to know he liked the gift I'd spend so much time thinking about.

"You are so very welcome and I'm happy you like it." I answered and I could feel his smile against my shoulder as he hugged me.

When we broke apart Mitch carefully patted my cheek before turning around to get a small envelope from his desk. I eyed it suspiciously, it looked awfully lot like something he'd spend money on. He laughed, probably at my expression, and came closer with the present.