Chapter 54

A/N i'm going to ptx's concert in Lisbon in little bit over a week (i cannot even), but i'm going alone so if you happen to be going too send me a message (on here or twitter: @nellabella1234_)! it'd be so fricking cool if i could meet you!

*Graduation*

Mitch's POV

Everything was weird. Suddenly my high school years were over and after this eventful senior year, I would be expected to know what I was doing.

I had, of course, like everyone else applied to many schools all around the country, but the results weren't out yet so I still had no clue what was going to happen with me and my life next year. The only thing certain was the hand that was holding mine right now as well.

All those people always told me that love should not destine your future. And I had believed them until now. Fuck it, I knew I probably should still believe them but how could I when I had Scott and he was making me the happiest I've ever been? There was still a small piece of me that was thinking by the lines that had been repeated to me ever since I started high school about not making my choices depending on love, but for myself only. And maybe that's the advice I would give others as well if they asked. "Practice what you preach" and all but what Scott and I had really was special, I knew it. And we both agreed on staying together, this was the only right thing to do.

But these way too worried thoughts we to be thought later and not when waiting to receive your high school diploma. I slipped back to reality and cast a sideway glance to Scott who was sitting next to me. He looked handsome (as always, really) and had made his hair into the wavy style I loved. He could probably feel my eyes on him because the side of his mouth turned into a slight smile and he squeezed my hand gently. I leaned to lay my head against his shoulder and we both turned our focus back to the person speaking. It was the principal who was saying his thanks and after that, we'd get the diplomas.

I wasn't really nervous, I knew I'd done pretty well and that there were probably no surprises on that piece of paper. Scott didn't seem to be too shaky either, we were both just waiting to get out of here to celebrate the end of school. We had the evening planned out, first we'd join everyone else to the big party that was organized and after that we'd go for a midnight picnic, being the gross couple we were.

The principal started calling up names and I could feel everyone around me sit up straighter in their chairs. This was what we'd all been waiting for all these years. After what felt like an eternity, my name came up as well:

"Mitchell Grassi."

I rose from my chair and Scott squeezed my hand again before letting it go. I walked up to shake the principals hand and once I got the diploma I joined the rest of my class on the stage. This was what I had been working towards for four years and it was over in just a few seconds. Still, I felt proud of what I had accomplished. And of what I had gained on the way here.

Scott was called up and beamed at me as he walked up the stairs. He walked to the principal and instead of just handing over the diploma he continued speaking into the microphone.

"Scott Hoying is beside his diploma also being handed the annual stipend for great success in music. Congratulations, Mr. Hoying."

Scott looked slightly confused for a second before muttering a thank you with a smile slowly finding its way back onto his face. I felt my heart swell with proudness and happiness for Scott. If anyone deserved this stipend it was him.

He finally joined the rest of us on and our eyes met quickly. Everything I wanted right now was to jump into his arms, congratulate him and never let go, but we still had a few students left and then it was picture time. I'd just have to hug him extra tight afterwards.