Chapter 2: An Actual Plan

Y/n slowly opened his eyes and was greeted with light pouring into the tent. He groaned as he sat up and rubbed his eyes, trying to wake himself up. He was successful and had fully regained consciousness, once he was awake, he slowly got up and exited the tent.

Y/n looked around and noticed Pair was sat next to his armour. "Hey Pair, anything happen during the night?" He asked, curious if anything did.

Pair beeped, meaning that nothing had happened. "Least it was quiet. I'll be ready to go in a sec, let me just have breakfast." Y/n walked over to the bag that he had brought yesterday, it was a simple backpack that could be used to store various things if needed. Right now, it was storing what little food he had brought with Y/n reaching inside and pulling out another protein bar.

He brought a couple of them as they were cheap and would allow for him to go longer without food if that were necessary. Y/n quickly ate the protein bar, allowing it to fill his empty stomach, he closed the bag and held it closely. "Come on, may as well head there now." He spoke to the little robot who became excited. Y/n chuckled at the excited robot and gestured for him to lead the way which Pair was very happy to do.

The two soon set off in their journey towards the scrap yard, Y/n thought it would prove useful if he found things worth repairing. It was further than he had expected, Pair had explored quite the distance when Y/n was working as a handy man. Y/n knew Pair could protect himself, but he wasn't sure of everything this time had to offer. Never-the-less, the two had arrived at the scrap yard after almost 30 minutes of walking.

"When you said scrap yard I expected it to be ... somewhat bigger." Y/n said as he and Pair stood at the front gate. The Scrap yard appeared to only be the size of a football field, but it was still worth checking it out.

"Okay, it looks like no one is here, look around, call me if you find anything useful." He said, walking in the opposite direction of Pair, who could be heard making his usual beeps.

Y/n started by looking through pile after pile of scrap, at first he didn't have any luck but after a few things were moved, he managed to find a box. Looking inside, it turned out to be a toolbox, similar to the one he used while at Greg's. The tools were obviously quite rusted but dusting them off slightly he picked it up and placed the various tools in his backpack. "Those will surely be useful." He said to himself, making sure the food was separated from the rusty old tools.

Getting back to searching, the only things that he found next were some rusted pieces of metal, small enough to fit in his backpack which is what he did. Y/n continued to search, this time not finding anything at all useful in the fields of junk, but his searching was put to a stop when a loud beep was heard from the other side of the scrap yard.

Y/n was quick to locate where the beep had come from, Pair was standing on top of an old slightly rusted van; similar to the one he saw at the car wash just without the paint detailing the sides. "What am I supposed to do with this?" Y/n asked as he walked around the van, seemingly to analyse the contraption.

With a few beeps from Pair, Y/n raised his hand up to his chin. "You want me to keep it ... I don't know ..." He said, taking a look at the inside through the surprisingly clean windows. Pair, of course, argued his point with a few beeps as he jumped on the van.

"I guess it can't hurt ... I mean, if we are in 2013 then obviously there wouldn't be the dropships I love so much ..." Y/n gave in to the little drones beeping, opening the door and seeing that the key is already in the ignition.

"Hmmm ... what if I ..." He spoke as he sat in the driver's seat which was surprisingly comfy and turned the key. The van, of course, was unable to start, Y/n wasn't surprised, but it seemed like the van was dumped here recently. He exited the vehicle and popped open the hood, figuring he could try and solve the problem.