Chapter 10: More Investing

Y/n woke up strewn out on his bed. He worked on the new weapon throughout most of the night, the only reason he went to bed was because Pair had convinced him to. Groaning, he sat up and looked around the familiar lighthouse room, Y/n could hear the faint sound of rain.

"I guess it didn't stop raining ..." He mumbled as he stood up and walked over to the kitchen. Most of the lights were off, so as Y/n prepared a simple bowl of cereal, he sat in the dark, contemplating what to do next.

"I should invest some more ... try and earn some more money for future projects ..." Y/n said as he looked at the cereal in front of him.

After finishing his food, he quickly changed into a clean pair of clothes, grabbed the laptop that was resting on the sofa and walked down the stairs. He wanted to talk to Pair about possible investments they could make to earn more money.

"Pair?" Y/n asked as he entered the downstairs room, looking around for the small drone.

Pair beeped in response as he crawled out from under the table that rested Y/n's armour and weapon.

"Want to help me invest some more? I thought we could use the extra money for future projects." He said, taking a seat at the table and loaded up the laptop.

Pair beeped, he agreed that investing more would help them in the long run. Y/n nodded towards Pair, quickly loading up Empire City Stocks and looking through the various stocks that he could buy.

"Pair, any suggestions?" Y/n asked the small drone as he scrolled through the various stocks that could be brought.

Pair beeped at him to click on a burger shop one. "Really? This one?" Y/n asked sceptically.

Pair beeped a few more times, arguing why Y/n should buy stock in that. "Okay fair point, I'll buy $150 worth of stock, that should be enough." He said, but soon remembered that he'll have to talk to Greg about buying the stock.

"Oh ... right, well, at least I only have to talk to Greg." Y/n chuckled, and he scanned the web, looking for other ways to make money.

"Hmm, what if I created some anti-virus software?" Y/n pondered, looking towards Pair to see if he had anything to say.

Pair, of course, responded with some beeps and boops, agreeing to that option. Besides, the timeline Y/n came from was far more advanced than this one, so surely the viruses  couldn't be that hard to deal with.

"Alright, lets do it. It shouldn't take that long; I'll just go into the code and start making it more resistant to viruses." Y/n said as he started messing around with the computers coding, configuring it slightly.

Soon Y/n realised that he wouldn't be able to configure the code on everyone's computer, so, instead of giving up he decided to create his own downloadable software. It was rather simple, Y/n already had much of the coding for the anti-virus software done, so all he needed to do was post in on the app store, attached to Greg's credit card.

"That was quicker than I expected ... but I'm not surprised, the viruses aren't as potent as the ones we're familiar with." Y/n smiled down at Pair, who beeped happily.

It still needed to go through checks before it would be available to buy, but Y/n wasn't bothered about that, it would most likely pass. All he needed now was to decide how much it would sell for. "Pair, how much should it be? I was thinking $10 a month? That should be fine." Y/n said to Pair who responded with a beep, agreeing to the assessment.

"Great, it doesn't sound like a lot, but when a load of people start buying it then it should be fine!" He stood up with the Laptop in hand. "Pair, stay here, I'm just gonna visit Greg." Y/n said as he walked up the stairs with the Laptop in hand.