Chapter 62: Check Up

"Hey guys, glad you could come round." Y/n smiled as he held the door open for Steven, and Amethyst to come in.

"Where's double L and Peri?" Amethyst asked as Y/n closed the door behind the two, and gestured for them to head down the stairs.

"Peri's at the bunker, she really likes working on it ..." Y/n told. "And Lapis it upstairs, she's watching Camp Pining Hearts ... I think."

The trio entered the workshop. "So, what are you gonna do?" Steven shifted a bit, clearly nervous for the check-up Y/n promised him.

Y/n brought the two over to another part of the workshop, this part had some medical looking pieces compared to the military style the rest of the workshop had. "Don't worry, first I'm gonna weigh you, test certain responses, and then draw some blood." He reassured.

"Wait, wait ... Why are you drawing blood?" Amethyst questioned with her hands on her hips. "We can just get Vidalia to do that for us."

"No, I mean I'm doing to use a needle to suck out a little bit of blood." Y/n corrected.

"Hold up, you mean the stuff that humans need to live?" Amethyst prodded, not liking this idea already.

"Yep, the very same." Y/n nodded.

"But ... Won't it hurt? Or-or won't I get sick?" Steven questioned, getting increasingly nervous.

"Don't worry, it'll just be a pinch on your arm." Y/n reassured as he sat down opposite a scale. "You won't get sick either, you'll probably just feel a bit tired."

Steven looked to Amethyst for reassurance. "Ugh! I don't know, it's up to you I guess." She shrugged.

"Alright ... I'll do it." Steven fretted slightly.

"Great, but trust me, it'll be fine." Y/n reassured as he placed a hand on Steven's shoulder. "First things first, step onto this scale."

"Okay ..." Steven said, feeling a bit more comfortable about the experience, it wasn't like it was someone he didn't know.

Steven took his red sandals off and stepped onto the scale. It started reading the young boys weight immediately, but needed a few more seconds to stop measuring. "Hmm ... About 110 pounds, covert that to Kg it's like ... 50 ..." Y/n mumbled to himself as he wrote it down on a piece of paper.

"Okay, what does that even mean?" Amethyst whined as she fell to the ground out of boredom.

"Not much, just wanted to see how much he weighed." Y/n told. "How old are you Steven? 14?"

"Yeah!" Steven responded as he stepped off the scale.

"Hmm ..." Y/n hummed.

"What is it?" Steven asked.

"Just thinking ... You haven't grown much have you?" Y/n asked, looking at the boy.

"Not really ... Dad says I haven't grown at all for a few years now." Steven rubbed up and down his arm. "Have I stopped growing?"

"No, no." Y/n shook his head. "You're still growing, I just think that your body might need a bit more time to fully develop."

"Is that a bad thing?" Amethyst said.

"Not necessarily, but I'm sure your body will be younger than your actual age." Y/n said. "So, you'll probably have an extended human life ... Although, factoring your healing spit, you'll probably live as long as a gem."

"But ... I've got a human body?" Steven pointed out as he waved his armed about. "And I almost died one time from aging!"

"Hmm ... Wasn't that tied to your emotions? I remember you said something about that, so maybe you were forcing your body to be physically older." Y/n theorised. "But either way, your healing spit will most likely repair any damage caused from aging ... Especially since you produce spit all the time."