Chapter 24: Jailbreak

"Take lapis back to the cell. I'll deal with the traitors." Jasper ordered as the three of them exited the bubble that took them inside the ship.

"B-but what about your-" Peridot went to argue back, referring to the damages she received when fighting the metal monster.

"I'll deal with that later. Now, go take Lapis, don't make me tell you a third time." Jasper spat, snatching the gemstones from peridot's hand, quickly walking in the opposite direction, keeping a hold of the unconscious 'Steven', and gems.

"Brute." Peridot said in disgust, clearly not happy to be working with her as she turned to Lapis. "Come on, Lazuli." Peridot told, pushing Lapis towards one of the many doors that surrounded the central room.

"Yes, ma'am." Lapis muttered, silently hoping that Steven was alright.

As Peridot, and Lapis were the next ones to leave the room, Y/n disengaged the cloaking system, appearing in the centre of the strange, bright green room.

"It definitely seems bigger on the inside." Y/n commented, remembering the outside, and how it doesn't match up with what he was seeing now.

The ship began taking off, signalling to Y/n that Peridot, or Jasper had got to the controls. "We need to save the others." Y/n told with Pair beeping in agreement.

Looking towards the door that Jasper had walked through, Y/n slowly began making his way through the odd halls. Taking a closer look at the material used in the ship, it was most certainly the same used in the eyeball that attacked the gems a while back, maybe even a stronger form of it.

Taking the first left, he finds a strange square room. Looking around, Y/n sees a bright green crystal lodged into the wall, surrounded by various advanced computers, and machines.

"Pair, what exactly am I looking at." Y/n asks, stepping closer to the crystal, giving Pair the chance to scan it.

After a few seconds, the scan was complete with the results showing up on Y/n's built in HUD. "So ... its alive?" Y/n questioned.

Pair beeped, explaining that it's an energy source, completely different to energy sources humans use, comparing it to a form of nuclear fusion.

"That ... is genius ... Imma take it." Y/n chuckled, taking the Crystal out of the wall, placing it gently into one of his pouches for safe keeping.

Pair chastises him for taking out a power source, saying it could've exploded. "Yeah ... But it didn't." Y/n sassed, wanting to have the power source to use later, and find out exactly what it can do.

Y/n turns to the other objects in the room, most of them are just computers, but when Y/n goes to found out what's on them, he notices that its in a completely different language.

"Strange ... The gems speak English ... But they write in ... Gem?" Y/n questioned, looking through whatever file was on the screen, both him, and Pair unable to read what it said.

Y/n looked around for a few more minutes, not really anything else that would prove useful, so he headed back the way he came.

Y/n continued on, with most of the ship looking the same as if it was a maze, but it wasn't until he heard some ... singing? "Is that ... someone singing?" Y/n asked, Pair beeped in agreement, making it known that the droid heard it too.

Walking slowly, and quietly, Y/n made his way to the source, stumbling upon a row of cells.

With the singing now on full blast, Y/n walks to the cell its coming from, only to find a small blue woman.

"Do you need help?" Y/n asked, crouching down to her height as his helmet distorted his voice slightly, making it hard for the blue woman to figure out who, or what he was.