Chapter 21: Rising Tides, Crashing Skies

Y/n and Pair sat on the sofa, discussing everything that happened yesterday, and generally reviewing their findings of the gem facility.

"Well, Gems love building out of Crystalline and Carbonite ..." Y/n commented as Pair was displaying a hologram of all the results they gathered.

The little robot beeped in agreement, stating that they were good materials, but suffered from a weakness to ballistic weaponry.

"Yeah, that's true ... it would probably need some heavy weapons which we'll need to get to work on." Y/n told, writing it down to make sure he remembers it.

Pair looked through the results, he had taken detailed notes on Peridot, and what she was doing.

"Peridot seemed to be interested in the kindergarten ... the way she spoke, she could be a maintenance worker, and was ordered to restart the kindergarten maybe?" Y/n theorised from how the gem acted, recording what she was doing, definitely some sort of maintenance worker.

Pair beeped, continuing to look through the files, the next one he focused on was Steven.

"Ah, I've seen a few of his powers now ... I know he has this shield, but the one I saw yesterday was a bubble ... it just kinda protects him, I don't think he fights too much ..." Y/n commented, remembering what happened yesterday, from the large robot landing in the ocean to Steven just watching as the Crystal Gems fought back Peridot.

Pair stated that Steven might be developing powers overtime, considering he is a hybrid.

Y/n thought, this made sense, surely he wouldn't get all of his powers straight away, he was still a human after all. "That makes sense ... What else did we find? Anything major?" Y/n asked, scrolling through the files himself.

Y/n sighed, that was about it. "Right, well, I was thinking we could install a sort of radar at the top of the lighthouse ... we'll probably need it, in case Peridot shoots more stuff here." Y/n said, earning an excited beep from Pair, who started putting together a schematic.

"Come on, I'll start collecting the things needed." Y/n smiled, standing up and walked to his workshop that held all of the materials he would need for projects.

Looking around his workshop, he gathered the things he'd need for the radar, luckily, he wouldn't have to melt down any of the metal ingots as he already had a few melt plates left.

Collecting all the things he needs and placing them into a plastic bag, he walks back up the stairs, and into the main room. Pair was still there, sorting out the schematics for the radar.

"You almost done? I've got the things we need; I just need to grab my laptop and we can head up." Y/n said, quickly finding his laptop that would be used to program the radar.

Having everything together he looked over to Pair, who was still sat on the sofa, not really paying attention.

"Pair, lets go, you can work on that while I'm up there ... besides, I'm gonna build it now ..." Y/n laughed as the drone finally stopped the hologram, and crawled over to him.

Pair beeped, signalling that he was ready to go. Y/n smiled warmly to the small robot, he nodded as he turned and walked through the door with pair in tow, heading up towards the very top.

------------------------------------

"And ... There! Switch it on, Pair." Y/n told as he just finished programming the radar, if he did it right, it would send all of its information directly to Pair, giving him a heads up.

Pair beeped happily, using one of his small robotic legs to flip the small switch that was screwed to the wall. The radar itself was rather small, improvised ... like everything else he had made, but was still functional.