Chapter 50: Movie Night 2.0

"Steven, it's getting late." Y/n told as he walked the small boy down the lighthouse stairs. "You should get back to the others."

"Awwww really?" Steven pouted as the two reached the front door.

"Mhm." Y/n nodded, feeling slightly bad. "Okay, tell you what. You and the others can come over for a movie night tomorrow."

Steven gasped. "Yes! Awesome!" He cheered, and then realised something. "I've got to tell the others what I saw! See you later, Y/n!"

Steven smiled as he opened the front door and ran out, causing Y/n to let out a sigh as he knew what Steven was on about.

Y/n didn't think too much about the kisses, it was from Lapis and Peridot who had watched a bit too much of Camp Pining Hearts, plus, they were aliens and Peridot referred to them as apart of human culture, so maybe they don't do that type of thing on Homeworld?

Either way, Y/n walked up the stairs and back into the main room, taking a quick look at the clock it was 9:30pm, so still enough time to hang the hammock up for Lapis.

"Lapis?" Y/n asked as he approached the sofa where the two gems were still sat. "Want to hang up the hammock?"

Peridot looked over to Lapis, to see what her answer would be. "Sure, okay." Lapis nodded as flew from the sofa, and glided down to the nearby table which still had the hammock on.

"Peridot? Care to join us?" Y/n asked, wanting to make sure the small green gem was not left out.

Peridot thought for a moment. "No, I shall continue to watch some Camp Pining Hearts." She informed with a giggle.

"Alright ..." Y/n hummed as he turned and walked over to Lapis. "I was thinking we could hang this in the room we found, after a bit of cleaning, of course." Y/n smiled.

"Good idea!" Lapis nodded.

Y/n quickly went over to the kitchen area, and found a decently sized bucket from under the sink, he filled it to the brim with warm water, and then added in some cleaning soap. He then added two yellow sponge to the mix, planning on using them to clean the walls.

"Let's go!" Y/n smiled as he carried the bucket back to Lapis. "Do you mind carrying the hammock?"

"Not at all!" Lapis smiled back, blushing slightly, but still picked up the hammock.

They walked down the stairs together, making sure the other wouldn't fall, and thanks to that, they managed to get into the workshop without any major problems.

"So, here's what I had planned." Y/n told as the two entered the room that is for Lapis and Peridot. "We both grab a sponge and start cleaning the walls!"

Y/n picked up a sponge and offered it to Lapis, she looked at it intently as she placed the hammock around Y/n's shoulders. "I have a better plan." She smirked as Y/n placed the sponges back into the bucket.

Lapis then raised her hands slightly, controlling the water that was in the bucket with relative ease. She used her powers to spread the water out, making it easier for her to clean.

To Y/n's surprise, she started to dance with the water following suite as it travelled all over the room, cleaning the dust and muck off the walls and floor.

It didn't take long before Lapis finished her dance, allowing the now dirty water to return to the bucket, leaving the room completely clean, almost like it was brand new.

Y/n clapped, alerting Lapis to his presence, she blushed as she realised she might've gone a bit overboard. "That was amazing!" Y/n complimented as he stepped over to Lapis, who was blushing even brighter now.