Chapter 61: Garnet's Universe

"Alright, I think that's all for now, well done everyone." Y/n commended as he dusted off his trousers.

Steven, and the Gems had been busy helping Y/n construct the bunker, and it had been going better than expected. Lapis decided to head back early which Y/n understood since she still wasn't on the best of terms with the rest of them.

"I'm impressed." Pearl said as she walked over to Y/n, who was leaning against the remaining crates. "We done more than I expected."

"Yep, I can't believe we were able to reinforce all the floors!" Y/n said. "We can't do much more now, just have to wait for the construction crew to show up."

"When they turning up?" Amethyst asked as she joined them.

"Probably in about a week? The rest of the materials should come with them as well." Y/n informed as the sun started getting low.

"We all should be heading back, it's getting late, and Steven's bedtime will be soon." The tall fusion named Garnet said as she joined the group with Steven holding her hand whilst he rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah, I guess you're right ..." Y/n nodded as he stretched. "It's been a long day."

"Pearl, take Steven, Amethyst, and Peridot to the temple." Garnet ordered as she released the young boys hand. "I wish to speak with Y/n. Alone."

Y/n was surprised at this sudden request, and the gems didn't seem to question it as they rushed Steven off, and quickly collected Peridot, who obviously shared her annoyance. "Everything okay, Garnet?" Y/n asked with a head tilt.

"Everything is Perfect, Y/n." Garnet smiled down to the human. "I just wanted to talk to you for a moment."

"Okay, sure." Y/n nodded. "Anything specific?"

"Walk with me." Garnet said, her voice stoic, but having some warmth to signal that it was nothing bad.

Y/n simply nodded and followed Garnet as she led him towards the beach. Once they got there, Garnet stopped on the sand. "Would you like to come on a mission with me tomorrow?" Garnet asked, looking down at the human again.

"Sure! Why'd you have to speak to me separately though?" Y/n questioned with an eyebrow raised.

"It's not a mission exactly." Garnet corrected. "But a chance for you to know more about Gems and our culture."

"Okay ... But ... Why now?" Y/n asked.

"Thought it would be a good idea for you to see what we're up against." Garnet informed as she looked out to the ocean again.

Y/n hummed as he looked out to the ocean too. "I'd love too." He nodded. "I guess I don't need to wear my armour or anything?"

"No, the place I intend to take you is only accessible by warp pad." Garnet told. "But it couldn't hurt to take one of your weapons."

Y/n nodded, allowing the two to enter a very brief silence. "Sit." Garnet said as she sat down on the sand below them.

Y/n again did what she asked, sitting cross legged next to the tall fusion that was made of love. "What's the place you're taking me?" Y/n asked.

"It's an old Era 1 Sanctuary." Garnet responded as she adjusted her shades. "It's built inside of a large cave, and holds murals of the four diamonds."

"Have Pearl and Amethyst seen it?" Y/n said.

"Yes, but we tend to avoid it." Garnet told. "Pearl doesn't like it, and Amethyst is uninterested."

"I'm guessing you don't like it either." Y/n said as he looked up to Garnet.

"I find it rather ... Relaxing." Garnet told, looking at Y/n through her reflective shades. "I sometimes go there to think."