Chapter 30: Cry for Help

Y/n, Steven, and Amethyst were currently sat against Steven's bed, watching an episode of Crying Breakfast friends. A spoon suddenly dropped some food on the floor, causing it to burst into tears.

"What even is this? All they do is cry." Y/n commented, earning a shrug from Amethyst.

"I know right? Why don't they just eat that ice cream off the floor? They don't have to cry about it." Amethyst responded, groaning.

Before Y/n or Steven could respond, the TV signal began glitching up, and soon started showing static.

"Aw, not again. It was doing this yesterday too." Steven complained.

"Hold on, I've got this." Amethyst told as she stood up, and started kicking the side of the TV, making the static worse, but causing the TV to start shaking.

"Its never done that before ..." Steven commented as the image on the screen soon flashed to Peridot.

"Its Peridot! She might be trying to get help!" Y/n told as the screen soon stabilised. "Amethyst, get Pearl, and Garnet."

Amethyst nodded as she ran down the stairs and into the temple.

"This is Peridot transmitting on all frequencies from abandoned crystal system colony planet Earth to Yellow Diamond. My mission has been compromised, my escort and informant are gone, and I am now stranded!" Peridot started, obviously frustrated. "There is another being on this planet that possesses strange and powerful weaponry, it calls itself 'The Y/n'! Please send help!" She finished, yelling the last part, to serve as some warning.

"Heh ... I'm dangerous." Y/n chuckled as Amethyst soon returned with Pearl and Garnet in tow.

"Is this the signal?" Pearl asked as the signal began replaying itself.

"Steven, call Connie, see if she has the signal on her TV." Y/n suggested.

"Good idea." Steven nodded, pulling his phone out to ring Connie.

"Looks like Peridot is scared of Y/n." Garnet chuckled.

"It's cause Y/n is scary!" Amethyst cheered, giving Y/n a quick nudge.

"Hey, scaring people is like a hobby of mine." Y/n laughed, nudging Amethyst back.

"Okay thanks." Steven said as he hung up. "Connie says its on her TV too."

"But where could Peridot be broadcasting a signal that strong?" Pearl questioned.

"There's only one place." Garnet told.

"Do I need to be in my armour?" Y/n asked.

"Hmm ..." Garnet thought, adjusting her shades. "No. I don't see any confrontations while we're there." She informed.

"Alright, lets go." Y/n told.

"We'll need to get lion." Steven informed, causing everyone to nod except Y/n.

"Wait, why Lion? Can't we warp there?" Y/n asked.

Garnet shook her head. "No, not after Sugilite destroyed the warp pad."

"Sugilite? Oh! You mean that giant purple gem that came from the ocean and almost destroyed my lighthouse?" Y/n remembered, causing an awkward chuckle from Amethyst.

"Yep ... She's the fusion of me and Garnet ..." Amethyst admitted.

"Oh ... Well she was cool, but ... try not to destroy my house next time." Y/n chuckled, patting the purple gem on the head.

"Oh, I'll make sure of that!" Pearl proclaimed as she was the one that took down Sugilite with some motivation from Steven.

"Gems!" Garnet got the attention of everyone in the room. "Lets get to work!"