Chapter 77: A Date?

Y/n walked towards the Car wash, the sun warming up his back as he walked. He took a deep breath in, having just taken Steven back home from showing him around the bunker.

It took Y/n mere minutes to reach the Car wash, planning to talk to Greg about 'getting back out there'. "Greg?" Y/n said as he approached an empty van, he looked around.

"Y/n!" Greg called out from the doors of the Car wash with a wave. "What brings you here?"

Greg ran over and joined Y/n at the van, taking a few quick breaths before rubbing his balding head. "Well ..." Y/n started, scratching his head for a moment. "Would you be able to ... Help me get out there again?"

"Woah, woah, woah." Greg put his hands up. "You mean ... You want me to help you get a date??"

Y/n cringed slightly. "...Yes?" He said.

"Oh boy ..." Greg sighed, unsure of it, but decided to sit down in the back of the van, gesturing for Y/n to do the same. "You want a beer?"

"Sure." Y/n nodded, taking a seat next to the older human. "Thanks." Y/n appreciated as he took a hold of the beer can that Greg had picked up and passed to him.

Greg hummed in response as he and Y/n opened the beer cans, taking a sip while they stared out into Beach City. "So ... Would you be able to help me?" Y/n asked, breaking the silence.

"'Course I would, but where did this come from?" Greg said with surprise. "I mean, won't it be difficult after ... What happened?"

Y/n nodded. "Yeah ... But I decided I could try one date with someone." He informed. "To see if I can actually move on."

"But why do you need my help?" Greg asked, taking another sip. "What about Lapis? I'm sure she'd be willing to go on a date with you ..."

Y/n shook his head. "I don't think she will." He admitted. "She clingy to me because I've been helping her adjust to Earth life, besides, I'm human."

"So? I managed to get with Rose." Greg laughed a bit. "If not Lapis then what about Amethyst? I'm sure she'd be interested."

Y/n again shook his head. "No, I don't think she'd want to commit to much." He told, taking a sip from the beer can.

"Okay ... Well, what about the other gems?" Greg asked. "Pearl? Or even ... Peridot, was it?"

Again, Y/n shook his head. "To be honest I don't think any of the gems are interested, especially since I'm human." He stubbornly said. "Yeah, sure, I've kissed a few of them, but I don't think it meant much."

Greg nodded slowly, surprised at how Y/n couldn't see it, but decided it would be best to let him figure it out himself. "Er ... If you think so ..." He said. "I guess I could find someone for ya, I know a few people round here!"

"Thanks, Greg." Y/n smiled, but still kind of unsure about this whole idea. "If you don't mind me asking, why don't you date again?"

Greg chuckled, rubbing his neck with his free hand. "Don't tell anyone, but ... I tried too, a few times!" He admitted. "But I couldn't make it work ... I know Rose would've wanted me to move on, but I just can't ..."

"I wouldn't worry ... I'm sure she'd be fine, whatever your choice was." Y/n reassured as he finished his beer. "Besides, its okay if you can't move on ... I guess I wanted to see if I can."

"That's okay!" Greg smiled. "I'll see if I can find you someone!"

Y/n smiled. "Thanks, but make sure to say it isn't a long-term thing, I just want one date to see what happens I guess." He told.