Chapter 68: Secrets

"Is there literally anything else we could watch?" Y/n groaned as Lapis turned on the TV, quickly switching it to Camp Pining Hearts.

"No!" Peridot said as she sat on the left of Y/n with Lapis on the right. "This is the best episode by far! Percy sings!"

"Great ..." Y/n said rolling his eyes as Lapis was happy enough to snuggle into Y/n's right side, just below his shoulder.

The three settled in to watch Camp Pining Hearts, it was the only thing they ever watched, literally. Peridot looked over to Y/n, seeing Lapis comfortably snuggled up next to him, and in a moment of jealousy, snuggled into Y/n's left side, enjoying the warm that he gave off.

As Peridot snuggled into the human, Lapis shifted slightly, and then traced her hand over Y/n's shoulder, obviously remembering that it was the place that was damaged. "Y/n ...?" She said quietly. "Are you okay?"

"Hmmm?" Y/n hummed, looking down at the beautiful blue gem. "I'm fine, why?"

"Your ... Shoulder." Lapis stated. "Wasn't that the part Bismuth hurt?"

Y/n nodded. "Yep, but it's okay now, I had to pop to back in place."

Peridot looked over again, interested in the topic. "I recall you said it was 'dislocated' ..." She said. "What does that even mean?"

"Should we have another Earth lesson?" Y/n smiled.

"Yes!" Peridot cheered, excited to learn more things about Earth and its inhabitants, she quickly paused the episode they were on, giving Y/n centre stage.

"Okay so, humans have various joints throughout their body." Y/n started, gesturing to his arm and legs joints. "They are there so it gives us the ability to move around better, but when Bismuth pulled my arm, it also pulled the joint out of its socket, meaning that I wouldn't be able to move that arm very well."

Peridot hummed. "Interesting, so could any of these 'joints' be dislocated?" She questioned.

"Yep." Y/n nodded. "I mean, humans are pretty fragile, with enough force you could probably shatter us."

"But ... I thought humans couldn't shatter?" Lapis questioned.

"We don't shatter like gems, but our bones would." Y/n informed, causing Lapis to grimace.

"What else can you tell us about humans?" Laps asked as she sat up.

"Well ... Do you want to know about our biology or culture or what?" Y/n asked.

"Biology seems the most important for humans." Peridot commented.

"You're right there." Y/n chuckled. "I mean, is there anything specific you want to know?"

"What does blood do?" Lapis questioned, remembering that she had seen some on Under the Knife.

"It travels around our bodies in these veins ..." Y/n said, lifting his arm up and showing the duo some faint veins that could be seen on his arm. "It carries oxygen all over our body, keeping bodily functions going."

Peridot hummed as she looked at the veins. "Does it need to be cleaned? Surely after extended periods of time the blood would need cleansing."

Y/n nodded. "Yep, we have some organs back here named kidneys." He said, gesturing to his lower back. "Those help keep the blood cleaned."

"Interesting." Peridot commented. "Would it be possible to see these 'Kidneys' ...?"

"Er ... No ...?" Y/n said slowly. "Unless you want me to just open my body and let all my organs fall out ..."