Chapter 49: Lighthouse Revamped

"There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know ..."

Y/n's eyes shot open, mind racing as he figured out where he was. To his surprise, he was still in the lighthouse, it was dark.

Investigating further, Y/n noticed a quiet noise coming from the Tv as well as a bright light. Once his eyes managed to focus, he saw Lapis and Peridot sitting on the sofa, eyes glued to the Tv.

Y/n relaxed, mentally thanking his brain for not putting him into one of those dream / memories of his. He sat up, placing his feet on the cold, hard wood floor.

Standing up he walked over to the sofa, alerting Lapis to his presence. "Y/n! We didn't wake you, did we?" She asked, concerned because humans need their sleep.

"Nah, just woke up, dunno why ..." Y/n shrugged, remembering the words that were said to him.

"In any case, would you care to join us?" Peridot asked as she paused the episode of Camp Pining Hearts.

"Sure, why not." Y/n told as he sat between the two gems.

Peridot pressed play, resuming where the duo had left off. It had something to do with a colour war between camps ... Y/n didn't know as he was too focused on the voice he heard that caused him to wake up.

It was feminine, not Katherine's, but motherly ... His heart sank slightly at the thought of Katherine, but he still didn't have the full picture, if he would even get the full picture, it had been a few weeks since his last memory.

"Oh get over it, go make a friendship bracelet." Peridot commented.

"Yeah, I know right." Lapis added with a snicker.

Y/n ignored what was going on and instead when deep in thought, even since he got to this timeline, he had been seeing memories for earlier in his life.

"Y/n." A voice called him.

He didn't know why; shouldn't he remember his own memories?

"Y/n." The voice called out again.

Besides, those words that were spoke to him, he had heard them before –

"Y/N!" Peridot yelled, interrupting his thoughts, and getting his attention.

"Hm! Yes! Hello!" Y/n said, bring his head up to look at the green gem.

"Lapis and I were calling you." Peridot informed.

"Oh ... Sorry, I was just thinking of something ..." Y/n told as he looked down.

"Do you ... Want to talk about it?" Lapis asked, sensing there was something wrong with her favourite human.

"Steven does say its good to talk about your problems." Peridot jumped in, trying to reassure Y/n that it was okay.

"Well ..." Y/n started, unsure how to explain it. "Ever since I came to this timeline I've had these dreams ..."

"Dreams?" Lapis asked.

"Do you know what a dream is?" Y/n questioned.

"It is like a mixed-up movie in your head!" Peridot smiled. "That's what Steven said it was ..."

"Yeah, well, dreams can just be random, they don't mean anything ..." Y/n stopped for a moment, collecting his thoughts before he continued. "My dreams haven't been dreams at all ... They've been my memories ... I've been reliving various parts of my life that I didn't even realise I forgot."

Y/n took a deep breath as Lapis placed an arm around his shoulders to comfort the poor human. "I just ... I don't know why I'm forgetting them, it's like a puzzle, but it's a puzzle I don't want to complete ..." Y/n finished.